News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Terrible News - Another Rider Sadly Passes

Started by Moorso, November 26, 2012, 03:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moorso

Some of you may remember I had posted pictures of an old bike of mine - a BMW R80/7.

I met the guy who bought it in the street literally 30 mins ago....he was always a keen collector of bikes. But he told me that his partner was "taking a bike out for 10 mins to run the oil round it" on Sunday night, and was killed in an accident with a lorry.

He stood in front of me about to break down. And was even talking about topping himself.
I said all I could...but the whole thing, both the accident and him telling me has really knocked me for six.

I don't even know the riders name....but may he rest in peace.

Be careful out there everyone.
Author of 'Valhalla and the Fjord'
Currently editing my second book: 'Hibernia - Journals from a Motorcycle'

Columnist for Motorcycle Explorer Magazine and Ulster Grand Prix

Even as a grown man, I still don't know what I want to do - trying to become Ted Simon!!

2013 Triumph Explorer

Bixxer Bob

We celebrated the life of my friend last Thursday so I get you.  His 15 yr old daughter wrote and read the Eulogy; she wept as she delivered it and so did we. She nevertheless got through it. A strong and brave young lady.  :notworthy
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...