News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

NEC Bike Show

Started by Bixxer Bob, December 02, 2012, 02:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

Went on Friday with friends fro the NE.  3 hrs there, 4 hrs back and 5 hrs walking around so a long day.  Not a bad show again, less unbranded crap kit and more decent kit at good prices;  J&S and Infinity both had good showings this year or a change.  All the main bike brands were there and some not-so well-known. 

The ZERO electric green-laners looked good, and you could sneak up on the ramblers that are trying to get us bannedand surprise them!

I'd still have a Moto Guzzi V7 Cafe Racer in chrome and red in the garage if I had money to burn:

I also liked the Royal Enfield in matt green:

M wife is still trying to pusuade me to swap the Tiger for a Guzzi Stelvio NTX as she LOVES the pillion seat and the peg height.  For me it felt the same as the Tiger except I could flat foot it. Not enough reason to throw 5 grand plus the Tiger at one because I know every time I was closing the garage door, I'd take one look aback at those headlights and think "God you're ugly".

She also likes the KTM 125 supermotard almost enough to start riding again!

Neither of us liked the new Trophy.  I'm not a big fan of the looks or all the gadgetry; if we wanted gadgets, we'd buy a 3-yr-old 1800 Goldwing for better comfort and half the cash. 

So, to end, a good day out but I'll not be spending cash anytime soon....

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

I'm always loath to pass too much comment living all of 20 minutes away,have to say didn't think it was as goodish a last year,as for spending money,my Multistrada supplier didn't come through,so I'll view the Sport Tiger with interest so long as it has a Speed Triple motor,otherwise it'll be the status quo.

Bixxer Bob

I know what you mean Chris but for us not-in-the-trade it's a rare opportunity to see everything under one roof.  And, of course it's personal choice, but I think it's still way better than Earls Court or Ally Pally.

Italso allowed me to check that the K7 is still top of my want-but-probably-will-never-own list  :hat10.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

I'll reserve judgment till the Sport Tiger turns up depending on what motor it has it,the old 955 can just about get it done,but dealing with 2.0L turbo diesel cars can be a hassle.

Sin_Tiger

The 1050 even in stock trim does the job nicely  :thumbsup
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: Chris Canning on December 05, 2012, 03:12:26 PM
.....the old 955 can just about get it done,but dealing with 2.0L turbo diesel cars can be a hassle....

That'll be the 19t front sprocket :ImaPoser