News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Does anyone use this suspension kit?

Started by Alan Spears, December 03, 2012, 04:18:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Spears

Has anyone used/have used this suspension kit?

http://www.pureperformancecycles.com/Brand/Triumph/Triumph-Tiger/Suspension/Race-Tech-Front-End-Suspension-Kit-Tiger-955i

Would you recommend this or would there be a better alternative.
I'm 6'2" 225 lbs, 60/40 on/off road

Mustang

I've got a Race Tech front end on one of my steamers ...it is way to stiff for my liking off road ..on the highway is a whole nuther story.

I prefer the stock front end for off road adventures . with a change of oil weight to 15w

Stitch

I am using one now and am very happy with the product. I prefer a firmer front suspension and the set up is adjustable (to a point).  I would advise trying 15w fork oil first and see how it performs to your liking since you ride 40% off road.  The reason is that there are a couple of modifications you would perform in the install per instructions that once they are done...no going back (drilling the lower tubes for emulator install). In my front suspension tune, I went light on the emulator preload and used 10w oil.
I did write a post more details of my install within a thread on the topic....search keyword "spring" and my user name.
2005 Silver/Black Tiger 955

dino246

Just a little info from my set up, more as a comparison than a better option. I did sonic linear rate springs 15w oil set at a higher level, greater volume of oil. I also installed the race tech emulators.

It is ok as a compramise but proper cartridge forks are the way to go.

I spoke to Rick at Cogent Dynamics, he is able to take Honda XR650L cartridge forksand combine them with the tiger forks and create a hybrid fork with greater suspension travel and proper dampening. These are in my plans.

JTT

I put RT emulators and straight rate springs (significantly stiffer than stock and matched to my weight and load) in this fall.  I'm very pleased with the results.  The springs are the biggest part though as the bike now sits up properly without the ridiculous amount of sag the stock ones allowed.  Action, contrary to popular belief, is actually smoother and more compliant than with the mush stockers.

For reference, stock springs are something like .60 kg/mm  (although not precisely as they are progressive rate), my new ones are straight rate at .95kg/mm.  I'm around 210lbs by the way.
2003 955i Tiger
2005 KLR
1970 T100C