News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Took my last ride on Sunday.

Started by benebob, December 29, 2012, 04:29:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

benebob

Quote from: HockleyBoy on February 28, 2013, 09:49:35 AM
Bet you cant wait to get her home!

Just like a diabetic kid in a candy store.  Arm still too painfull and lacking range to ride so not having it at home is surely the best.

Did hear back from the lawyer yesterday, the adjuster gave $4660 for my 99 and with cloths and towing I was well over her 5k limit (got to love state minimums) o the rest of the money to buy it should soon be on its way.  Was thinking I might need to us a little $ from a credit card to get it home.
99 Tiger 885i (Killed 12/23/12 9:52am EST by a drunk driver) 06 Tiger 955i (traded 12/23/16  12:52pm)
13 Tiger 800

atokad

Just caught this thread as I haven't been on TT in awhile.  Sorry about your accident and it sounds as if you are on your way to getting a lot better. Worst accidents always seem to be the left turns in front of motorcycles. Tough to read and think of this happening to anyone on a motorcycle.

The 2006 looks great in Silver.  :thumbsup I have the Caspian Blue (just what was available used at the time) and love it.  I like the Tiger Girlies so much I don't care what color it is.

Curious, as you were apparently wearing a good jacket, helmet and gloves, what resulted in you injuries? Blunt force from being thrown? "Dragging" across the handlebars? Actually hit the ladies car as you went over? Land on something like a curb? If you don't want to reply to that, I understand!

Heal fast!

benebob

I think from piecing everything together my hand injuries (severely sprained thumbs and fingers were handlebar related).  From there I think I flipped over her car (without touching it) landing on my feet resulting in the pelvic disection and torn urethra, spleen, kidney and other internal injuries, went down hard on my left shoulder then slid on the road until friction stopped me.   Of xouse that is just my take from seeing the vehicle damage, etc. and my memory.

Tomorrow at 6am I get to go under and have my shoulder manipulated trying to get enough range of motion to tell if the lavia lig tear is going to require surgery.   Fun. Fun. Fun!
99 Tiger 885i (Killed 12/23/12 9:52am EST by a drunk driver) 06 Tiger 955i (traded 12/23/16  12:52pm)
13 Tiger 800

rf9rider

Probably a little late but    good  luck with the op  :thumbsup

Sin_Tiger

If your reading this, you're OK  :thumbsup I think you have a good understanding that there's a road ahead of you, with luck you just got yourself the best tonic in the shed :eusa_clap
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: benebob on March 12, 2013, 11:22:08 PM
I think from piecing everything together my hand injuries (severely sprained thumbs and fingers were handlebar related).  From there I think I flipped over her car (without touching it) landing on my feet resulting in the pelvic disection and torn urethra, spleen, kidney and other internal injuries, went down hard on my left shoulder then slid on the road until friction stopped me.   Of xouse that is just my take from seeing the vehicle damage, etc. and my memory.

Tomorrow at 6am I get to go under and have my shoulder manipulated trying to get enough range of motion to tell if the lavia lig tear is going to require surgery.   Fun. Fun. Fun!

In my experience you'll gradually remember more unless you were unconscious at any point but it's been clinically proven that brains make up what they can't remember to link together, and make sense of, the event. In my case I remember the car not stopping at the junction, the crunch as I hit it, flying through the air, hitting a bollard, a pole, the road, sliding then the curb.  And lying there scared to move in case I'd broken anything, then wiggling my fingers, trying to wiggle my toes and not feeling them, then a white-out of pain and deciding to just lie there until someone came to help.  I don't remember hitting the car with my knees which accounted for my legs not working.  Amazingly, all I had in the way of injuries were some world-class bruises and a hairline fracture of my right hip.  18-yr-olds bounce well  :hat10
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

benebob

Things went great today all things considering.  No arthoscopic needed.  They were able to manipulate the shoulder enough to get full motion back and determine that it seems I have enough stability he doesn't think I will need ligament repair. Nerves just starting to wake up and getting painful.  Physical theropy tmorrow is going to suck but I'm almost certain that next week the new bike will get picked up.
13 Tiger 800

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

crinker

Benebob, Hope you are feeling better.  You didn't buy that silver Tiger Hermy had a week or so ago did you? I live near Elizabethtown and got hit a year and a half ago getting on 283 at Toll House Road at 1:30 PM by a lady in an HHR.  I made out pretty good but had back bruising and damage to my 2000 Tiger to the sidestand and right side box and rack.  I have Happy Trails panniers on it and they held up pretty good.  Staightened most of it with a porta power and touched up the scraps with a file and black touchup paint.  Needed new side stand and engine mount bracket.  Bought crash bars from Thunderbike in New Zealand with insurance money. Back pain went away after a few months.  I was pretty rattled for awhile even driving my Avalanche but finally got back into riding,  I wear a hi viz vest quite a bit now.  Again, hope you're doing better.

benebob

Hey Crinker, yeah, I got that Silver beauty up at Hermy's (am actually picking it up at noon tomorrow).  Should be a nice cold ride of for my thinned blood. 

You should know that anyone in an HHR has the right of way.  Glad you and your bike survived.  My frame came back so far it put a hole in the valve cover.

I was so excited to find out yesterday that B and B took on Triumph.  It is nice to have a dealer  closer than Hermy's, Martins or Camp Hill again.

Yes I'm recovering but slower than I'd like.  Am going back to work on April 1st (thought it was a good day to start back) but my shoulder seems like it will be a lifetime of trouble.
13 Tiger 800

crinker

Congrats on the new to you Tiger!  Hermy's is a good dealer although a little farther away than I like.  I really miss Capitol Area Triumph...they knew your name when you walked in and their prices for service were half what I've paid since they closed.  Don't know much about B&B but have been there to browse a few times. At 40ish it would have been a cold ride from Hermy's today.  I have a heated jacket and the heated grip wraps from Areostich cause  I'm not much for cold either.  Enjoy the new ride and hopefully your aches and pains will be few. 

benebob

Not a bad ride, just a little windy but bike rides nice.   I'm definately not as cold friendly on the blood thinners but I'm a 365 day a year rider so I'm equiped for it even without heated clothes. One  issue of which I would have thought they would have caught.  There is a definate smell of coolant.  I could smell it after the test ride and said something to the salesman.  I assumed that they had topped it off and spilled a bit at the time but it still had that odor when I got home.   Will check b and b out today for some coolant but I suspect I'll be riding up to the BMW dealer in Lititz as it is blue coolant that is in there.

B&B has always done me decently but as with most dealers you pay for them to stay in business and build nice shops.  I think Capitols big problem was that Triumph is a tough bike to have as a sole major dealership and stay profitable.  Coupled with a Japanese big 4 or even another European model to keep the service center and parts counter full then maybe.  Off brands of scooters just doesn't cut it.

As for riding.  Once on my pelvis is just fine, shoulder a bit sore and hands hurt like he!! but no post tramatic stress or any other ills in my mine.  Just happy to be backon a bike 3 months after.
13 Tiger 800

benebob

13 Tiger 800

crinker

Nice looking Tiger there Benebob!  looks exactly like it did on Hermy's site.  i like to check his site out just for kicks and am amazed how much turn over they have for being out in No-whereville.  I agree that Capitol Area was limited on their sales by only having triumph (even though they had UM's and chinese scooters as you said). still miss them though.  glad to hear your back on the road.  maybe if it'll quit snowing long enough we'd get some riding in.  be safe. :wave