News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Took my last ride on Sunday.

Started by benebob, December 29, 2012, 04:29:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

benebob

Was on a quick grocery trip Sunday about 10am which will likely be the last for my tiger.  A drunk driver pulled directly into me making a left turm in. Had no where to go but up and over.  Everything was fine though as aftwer she asked if I needed anything she promptly ran over me to leave as th cobs surely wouldn't need her.  Todaygot moved from the er to a rehab hosptial for a likely 2 week or so stay berfore gettingt home to see what's left of the bike.
99 Tiger 885i (Killed 12/23/12 9:52am EST by a drunk driver) 06 Tiger 955i (traded 12/23/16  12:52pm)
13 Tiger 800

Mustang

OUCH ..............the bike can be replaced , but more importantly , How are you doing ?

benebob

Physically I should heal by summer  Mentally I caqnt stop crying that there are humans who lack compasion so much they'll leave you to die cold and alone on the street  II don't know where to start with that one other then fighting for a return of  the firing squad.
99 Tiger 885i (Killed 12/23/12 9:52am EST by a drunk driver) 06 Tiger 955i (traded 12/23/16  12:52pm)
13 Tiger 800

John Stenhouse

Heal quick,then sting them for loads on the insurance
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

daveb

sorry to hear this fella but at least you were well....ok-ish, the bike can be fixed or replaced.

hope you mend well, take care

benebob

Should be out of live in rehab mid month and on thr PIP last until baseball lseason.

I know I found it quick but says the right thing on maint and updates.  For the price though I think I'd insist on a center stand and at least sides  or  tack.  Anybody now the bike?  May be gone by the time I talk to the motorcycle chaser
13 Tiger 800

Mustang

Quote from: benebob on December 30, 2012, 04:47:35 AM
Should be out of live in rehab mid month and on thr PIP last until baseball lseason.

I know I found it quick but says the right thing on maint and updates.  For the price though I think I'd insist on a center stand and at least sides  or  tack.  Anybody now the bike?  May be gone by the time I talk to the motorcycle chaser
you must have some good meds , cuz the above post makes no sense  :ImaPoser

benebob

13 Tiger 800

benebob

Make the paper tomorrow.  9 days later

http://lancasteronline.com/article/local/798247_POLICE-LOG--Monday--December-31.html#ixzz2GfLdlQ00

QuoteMANHEIM TWP.: A criminal complaint has been filed against Melissa J. Serrano, 20, of Lancaster, following a vehicle accident Dec. 23. A Lancaster man was riding his motorcycle north in the 1500 block of Lititz Pike, when a southbound vehicle turned in front of him, resulting in a collision. The sedan fled the scene, but witnesses provided police with descriptions of the driver and the vehicle, including the license plate.

The motorcycle driver was taken to the hospital for treatment of serious injuries. At 10:22 a.m., the suspect vehicle was stopped by police in Lower Swatara Township, Dauphin County, and the driver, Serrano, was taken into custody.

She was charged with aggravated assault by vehicle while DUI, accidents involving death or personal injury, and a traffic violation. She was arraigned and committed to Lancaster County Prison in lieu of $25,000 bail.
13 Tiger 800

Sin_Tiger

How you're healing up.

Well they got her thanks to decent bystanders, she must have been really drunk or just too stupid to dump the car and leg it  :doubt think she will learn, probably too stupid.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

At least she's banged up so will have time to contemplate what she did before she's properly dealt with.  I hope it is more severe than it would be here.....

Edit: just looked at the road where it happened in Google Earth based on the newspaper description of the accident. Was she turning into the shopping arcade?
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Mustang

probably loss of license
a fine
maybe some jail time but doubtful

the sad part is , she wasn't even of legal drinking age yet !

benebob

Coming from piecing together everything after 10 days of heavy narcotics yes,it is a commercial shopping parcal.  I pulled out at a light 1/2 mile or so down going north.  She was already sitting at an entrance to a CVS/Strip mall on one side, Firestone on the south but basically the shopping center is also used as a pull through.  As I said she was sitting there and aside from me and the suburban who I passed turning onto the road no one else was around.  Knowing I was going to be making a left about 50 feet beyond her I was keenly waiting for her to move.  She didn't, I was about 10 feet from her and still no movement then all of a sudden she guns it right in front of me.  I hit her pretty much in the pass side front corner.  Never touched the brakes.
I recal a woman asking if I needed anyone called or if I was okay.  Clearly my  houlder and pelvis were on a plane more akin to a playdough doll so I think I respond that no I need the cops and ambulance called.  Next thing I here what sounds lik an engine starting up and feel some movement as it untangles from the wreck.  At this point having thouble getting air I'm struggling to remove my helmet.  Apparently, a bystandard probably thesuburban person chaises her down enough to get a plate number.  Police and ambalance are on the sean quickly and everything is busy and sureal from this point unti they put me into the ambulance less than 30 minutes from the accident.  Next thing I remember i the trama er room at the hospital.

As for how I'm doing.  Slowly healing and working on rehab as best I can.  My goal at this point is to get my pee back off this Thurs and then go home to continue to recover in my own bed.  We'll sell  Have that oh so important initial meeting with the lawyer on Friday.  Recovery will hopfully put me at 90% in 6 month. 
13 Tiger 800

blacktiger

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on January 01, 2013, 06:47:25 PM
Edit: just looked at the road where it happened in Google Earth based on the newspaper description of the accident. Was she turning into the shopping arcade?

Yeah, she'd probably run out of booze.

Glad you're healing mate.

No, not you Bixer.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

aeronca

Wow, just readthis post. Hope all is well - heal fast bro.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!