News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

oil leak

Started by AndyM, February 12, 2005, 03:58:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyM

Took my 03 Tiger to the dealer yesterday to get the fuel fitting recall done as well as an oil change. I bought the bike used with 2800 miles on it and wanted a check up by the dealer. The tech. mentioned that I have an oil leak at the sidestand bolt? Anyone else had a leak there?

It will be covered under warranty at the 6k service in a couple of months.

Although the side stand bolts directly to the engine casing, I wouldn't image that the bolts go right through and into the sump. Unless someone at the factory used too long a bolt during assembly.

"It will be covered under warranty at the 6k service in a couple of months."

Let's hope so.

AndyM

Quote from: "Blacktiger"Although the side stand bolts directly to the engine casing, I wouldn't image that the bolts go right through and into the sump. Unless someone at the factory used too long a bolt during assembly.

Yeah, I thought it was kind of odd but that is what the tech. said. I will be getting under the bike to see for myself where the drip is coming from.

looch

Maybe he means just in that general area? I always break into a cold sweat when I come back to the bike after oiling the chain. The excess travels down the side of the case right around there. I'm forever wiping down that area to make sure it isn't a leak.
Looch

Quote from: "andybtruckin"Yeah, I thought it was kind of odd but that is what the tech. said. I will be getting under the bike to see for myself where the drip is coming from.

You could take the stand off and see if we've discovered an alternative method of draining the sump.