News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

fuel light not working

Started by windscreenman1, February 03, 2013, 10:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

windscreenman1

Hi all
Been through the engine (head gasket, oil seals , new filters, oil ,anti freeze , throttle cable, temp sender)
Got it all working as it should exept fuel warning sensor, but refuse to pay £92 for a new one from triumph
Does anyone know where I can get one cheaper
Mark

rf9rider

Did it work before you did all the other jobs?

Might be worth checking the 2 connectors, they do get corroded.

windscreenman1

The short answer is rf no it didnt it was another job on the list of to dos this bike was bought as a project but the list is getting longerwill check  electrics next thanks rf
Mark

rf9rider

Might be worth checking the bulb too, before you replace the sender.

windscreenman1

Thanks for the help rf previous owner changed the idiot lights an I have another set I got from a lad who was braking one I also got a centre stand off him another challenge for me with no instuctions I love steamers me !!! :thumbsup
Cheers
Mark

rf9rider

If the bulbs have been changed, are they LED`s?

Reason is, an LED bulb won`t work for the low level fuel light, something to do with resistance or something, so make sure it`s an ordinary bulb.

You can make the LED work, but a lot of hassle, if i remember someone on here did a "how to" on making it work.

windscreenman1

Now you come to mention it last owner mentioned l e d  but I wasnt taking allot of notice as I was wanting to ride away before he changed his mind
Thanks rf I will check that,
I have a spare idiot light unit
Cheers
Mark

windscreenman1

Cheers rf   :eusa_clap
You were correct the firkin herbert that had this bike before me didnt read the post on l e d sby the font of all wisdom mustang   :notworthy
Changed bulb from led to normal bulb and hey presto it now works  :thumbsup
Soon tigger will be growling again soon leavin cosmetics till next winter nearly done with mechanicals brakes next onlist caliper seals all round , pads and some new boots shes getting there now
Thanks for the help
Cheers
Mark :wave

:XXsunsmile :XXsunsmile :XXsunsmile :XXsunsmile :XXsunsmile Its on its way !!!

rf9rider

Glad we helped.

We all like pics of projects.  :hat10

windscreenman1

Theres not much to see at present rf will post a pic when shes finished and I've tidyed the garage
Got to make more mess 1st
Cheers
Mark