News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

engine replacement for mustangs tiger

Started by aeronca, February 08, 2013, 02:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aeronca

Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

John Stenhouse

Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Bixxer Bob

Can you imagine the torque that thing is pushing out?  A ton on tickover..  :ImaPoser

John Stenhouse

I liked the little dance the frame did when he blipped it.  :love10
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

aeronca

I wonder what kind of radial engine they chopped up to make that. It's pretty bad ass :XXsunsmile
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Geoff W

Did anyone else read the article in Classic Bike Magazine last year about the 1930's German bike with a 7 cylinder radial engine fitted on the FRONT wheel? It seems that there are only a handful of them left and they have all been restored by one German engineer. The bike journalist tried it out, found it terrifying to ride along a local road in a fairly straight line. He was told
he was not to try turning it around under any circumstances. I think it was in the October edition or thereabouts.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

NeilD

Quote from: aeronca on February 09, 2013, 03:18:04 AM
I wonder what kind of radial engine they chopped up to make that. It's pretty bad ass :XXsunsmile

Prat and whitney R1340..  :hat10

some pics of some of the work involved are on this thread...
http://www.warbirdinformationexchange.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=47546

iansoady

Quote from: Geoff W on February 11, 2013, 10:40:34 PM
Did anyone else read the article in Classic Bike Magazine last year about the 1930's German bike with a 7 cylinder radial engine fitted on the FRONT wheel? It seems that there are only a handful of them left and they have all been restored by one German engineer. The bike journalist tried it out, found it terrifying to ride along a local road in a fairly straight line. He was told
he was not to try turning it around under any circumstances. I think it was in the October edition or thereabouts.

The Megola. Fascinating idea....

Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Bixxer Bob

Clearly, they didn't worry about unsprung weight in those days  :hat10

NeilD

Bixxer Bob

All it takes is blokes, a shed, tools and beer :hat10

Sin_Tiger

Land Rovers, Bikes and Beer = Classic British Eccentricity  :eusa_clap
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint