News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

O ring question

Started by threepot, February 10, 2013, 01:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

threepot

Are the o rings std metric sizes? Want to replace on 3 sets..Tiger,Super3 and a spare set. Will cost a small fortune to buy kits,wondering if generic(nitrile) kits will be ok? Thanks
95 Super111
96 Tiger

rf9rider

What are the o rings for?

Guessing the carbs?

threepot

Sorry,yes carbs. My Super3 has been off road for 6months. Its never been a great starter (not as good as Trident or the Tiger,the starters seem to spin faster and they fire up quicker)..always suspected a choke issue? Anyway, was going to strip carbs and check and put new o rings in. I know the kits are about £15 per carb,but thinking about generic kits? I'll have enough to do the other 2 sets,if their suitable that is?? But maybe that Profi fuel stuff will work??
95 Super111
96 Tiger

rf9rider

I did mine a while ago, got the kits off ebay, as the kit included the float assembly o rings as well which sometimes get overlooked.
I`ll have a look at what i paid.