News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Help For Heroes, Audley Court Shropshire. PTSD

Started by markarie76, March 07, 2013, 09:47:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markarie76

Good Morning,
i want to raise money for the above cause, does anyone have any ideas on a Solo ride out from the UK TO where ever to raise money? something challenging and if possible not done before, i am a ex veteran so not wet behind the ears so am willing to give anything a go with a realistic chance.
also sponsorship ideas for the challenge? Half of the money raised will go to Audley court Shropshire who specialize in PTSD, They have helped me out so much post Iraq and i want to give something back as they are a charity and depend on donations.
I welcome any ideas and am looking at a 2 week event,
Thanks,
Mark.
All war wounds are not visible.....
2003 Tiger 955I
97 Honda CBR1100XX
89 Honda VFR NC24
01 Bandit 600S

Spud

Just thinking out loud...... Bangor to Baghdad ?  How safe is Irag now a days to ride through ? You should look at the press and TV. Contact a few overlanders that have written books ect who may be able to give you tips.

cheers Spud  :thumbsup

markarie76

LOL Spud! i got hit out there in 2009  :hat10 not a good move mate, like your thinking though  :thumbsup
still bad there and always will, maybe Israel/Jordan but not Syria.....
2003 Tiger 955I
97 Honda CBR1100XX
89 Honda VFR NC24
01 Bandit 600S

Spud

Yeah just a thought mate, lap of the med ? or the Iron curtain trail? or can we come up with names of capital cities that spell PTSD but I'm now struggling to think of any

cheers Spud  :thumbsup 

markarie76

Thank you mate, the capitals with the word PTSD? i think you have given me some inspiration  :sign13
2003 Tiger 955I
97 Honda CBR1100XX
89 Honda VFR NC24
01 Bandit 600S

Spud

Great I am more than willing to help out, and come on lads name a few capital cities (gauntlet severely thrown to the floor)  cheers Spud  :thumbsup

markarie76

Right here we go mate, from north wales make my way to Paris (P) from there to Turin (T) Then Stuttgart (S) And to finnish off in Denmark (D) 1850 miles to from uk, 5 days to do it and kip from Denmark to harwich on the ferry 18 hours  :sleepy1
sounds like a plan to me looking at june time, have to sort out some sponsorship with triumph lol!
2003 Tiger 955I
97 Honda CBR1100XX
89 Honda VFR NC24
01 Bandit 600S

Spud

Well I'll bung you a tenna mate, let me know if you want any other help, it's there if I can cheers Spud  :thumbsup