News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Windshields, Base Plate for Tiger 955i

Started by Black Pearl, March 19, 2013, 12:42:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Pearl

sold

In the quest for quiet, clean air I have tried numerous options and have finally concluded that, for me, the best option is to have a very short screen on my 06 Tiger. Before reaching this conclusion I tried a few different aftermarket windshields and 2 different experiments.

In the first, I prototyped a rough base plate, some rough spacers and mounted 2 different size windshields as seen in the pic below. The result wasn't too bad actually, but I later discovered that the base plate alone actually worked best for me, therefore the 2 shields, baseplate and  spacers are for sale for $40 shipped (remember, these items are rough, but they are also cheap if you want to experiment...  :thumbsup... my buddy, who is 6-2 - I am 5-9 - actually said it worked really well for him).

(2nd experiment involved a Madstad Bracket - it has been SOLD)

Clear as mud??? Call dibs or PM me with questions...  :qgaraduate

Brian / NorCal

bc 165 at sbcglobal dot net

2006 Tiger

Black Pearl

pic of the bigger screen on the bike.... as you can see, several others approve....  :eusa_clap

2006 Tiger

Black Pearl

2006 Tiger

Roadinator

2005 Triumph Tiger 955i in Lucifer Orange

Roadinator

Received shipment from Black Pearl. Everything is as described and the packing job was the best I've ever seen!  Now it's time for "fun with windshields."  :rock-1:

Thanks Black Pearl!
2005 Triumph Tiger 955i in Lucifer Orange