News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Pelican box\fender box

Started by bjago, April 15, 2013, 02:46:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bjago

I saw a few bikes on Advrider.com with a pelican box mounted onto the rear fender and then the license plate attached to the box.  With the factory tools supplemented with some additions it wasn't able to fit into the small well on the bottom of the Corbin seat.  So this little farkle was done today

Start with a Pelican 1120 box and drill a few holes and blammo!!

Doesn't look bad with the bags mounted.

Doesn't seem to stick too far out past the tail.

I used the saddle bag fender support on the bottom as a mounting point and used the stock license plate mounting bracket (flipped over and bolted to the box) as a support for the Pelican box on the top side

05 Triumph Tiger 45K miles (lucifer orange)
98 Triumph Tiger 80K miles (sold)
98 Triumph T595 33K miles (sold :-(
04 MV Agusta Brutale 2500 miles (wifes)
93 GSXR 1100 85K miles (totalled)
91 GSXR 750 75K miles (sold)
86 Ninja 600 (sold)

HockleyBoy

Nice idea, anywhere you can stash a few bits is useful when space is at a premium.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

LiveandLetDrive

Looks excellent, I'd go black and make it nearly invisible though a little more visibility is always welcome.  How in the world do you get your fingers under the latches?  (They're on the top correct?)  I have an 1120 for another purpose and the latches are quite stiff.

bjago

Quote from: LiveandLetDrive on April 15, 2013, 11:05:54 PM
Looks excellent, I'd go black and make it nearly invisible though a little more visibility is always welcome.  How in the world do you get your fingers under the latches?  (They're on the top correct?)  I have an 1120 for another purpose and the latches are quite stiff.

I actually have no problem getting to the latches. If I reach them from the fender side and pop em up I have no issue,  if I try an get them open by lifting from the tail up I am screwed.  I actually don't intend on needing to access te box often either

I had an opportunity to get black or yellow, being that I live in the NW and commute at night in all weather I figured any extra visibility couldn't hurt.  I'm planning on attaching some LED pods to it for even more visibility.

As an added benefit, I now have a sort of fender extension to kee some water and mud off the tailbag when it's attached to the rack too.
86 Ninja 600 (sold)

cosmo

Hope you don't get done for lack of plate illumination. I'd worry that, given the average plod's "respect" for bikers.

Cosmo
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

bjago

Quote from: cosmo on April 16, 2013, 03:04:39 AM
Hope you don't get done for lack of plate illumination. I'd worry that, given the average plod's "respect" for bikers.

Cosmo

The actual next thing I had planned to add is an LED plate light.
86 Ninja 600 (sold)

daveb

Quote from: bjago on April 16, 2013, 04:50:50 AM
Quote from: cosmo on April 16, 2013, 03:04:39 AM

Cosmo

The actual next thing I had planned to add is an LED plate light.

I used 2 led lights for the illumination of the plate, I fitted a touring scottoiler res. The led's look neat