News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Countdown to a Tiger ...

Started by Slim Dave, February 12, 2005, 12:43:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim Dave

Quote from: "BP_LONDON"Nice, do you have heated grips? They are essential kit in winter/cold conditions, especially if you ride long distances.

Actually no, I don't, but I never found that my hands were cold even with a pretty light pair of gloves, strangely. Must be the thin air or something. My legs were the numb part, but I just didn't have proper riding trousers at the time. I'm getting delivery of Aerostich heated Darien jacket + pants today, so I'll doubtless be out tomorrow morning testing the effect.

By odd coincidence a guy who the salesman mentioned was also getting a bike delivered around my neighborhood on the same day as I got mine turns out to be a friend of my neighbor, and also to have been on the same MSF course as me. He has a Honda something-with-lots-of-chrome and was very proud of the 30 miles he put on it in two days. Heh. "Managed 170 myself" says I, nonchalently, causing much admiration to be expressed. He was also about four inches too short in the leg to ride the tiger it seems, so that made me feel "special" also.

You ride around London then, BP?

BP_LONDON

Quote from: "Slim Dave"
Quote from: "BP_LONDON"Nice, do you have heated grips? They are essential kit in winter/cold conditions, especially if you ride long distances.

Actually no, I don't, but I never found that my hands were cold even with a pretty light pair of gloves, strangely. Must be the thin air or something. My legs were the numb part, but I just didn't have proper riding trousers at the time. I'm getting delivery of Aerostich heated Darien jacket + pants today, so I'll doubtless be out tomorrow morning testing the effect.

By odd coincidence a guy who the salesman mentioned was also getting a bike delivered around my neighborhood on the same day as I got mine turns out to be a friend of my neighbor, and also to have been on the same MSF course as me. He has a Honda something-with-lots-of-chrome and was very proud of the 30 miles he put on it in two days. Heh. "Managed 170 myself" says I, nonchalently, causing much admiration to be expressed. He was also about four inches too short in the leg to ride the tiger it seems, so that made me feel "special" also.

You ride around London then, BP?

Yup, 85% of my riding is in thick London traffic as I commute, shop, visit, etc on the bike - don't have a car so I use it for all my travel needs, and I don't think there is anything on the market that'll do the job as well as a tiger. I TRY and escape the madness every weekend, but southeast england is pretty congested in general. Thank goodness the tiger is an overtaking MONSTER. It'll throb past anything at any speed on any road anytime muhahahahahaha :twisted:

erm...must be why i'm only getting like 150miles to a tank... :oops:

Slim Dave

Well, I tip my hat to you, sir ... I rode a bicycle around London for many years, commuting to college at The Angel from Muswell Hill, Hendon, Hackney, and such like. A dangerous place to be on two wheels, but even powered by my own legs it was quicker than public transport -- mind that was in the days when my name was well-earned, and not so much ironic.