News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

steamer front fork oil change

Started by recroy, April 28, 2013, 08:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

recroy

Hey Fellas, I'm wanting to do an oil change on the front forks on my '94 tiger. There seems to be some differences between mine and the POS Haynes manual. My bike has drains at the bottom of the fork tubes and also has air nipples on the top nut. Is this common with the steamer or am I dealing with some kind of  mutant forks. The bike is originally from Switzerland, so its a Euro spec model. If anyone could help me out here I would really appreciate it. I have no idea what psi. the forks need as it doesn't mention a thing about it in the manual. HELP!!!!
'94 steamer  '87 transalp

Mustang

some one has installed air bleeders to your standard forks they require no psi at all . ignore them .
the drain screws on the fork legs are early OEM Kayaba forks .
In fact if you pressurize them you are going to blow the fork seals ..............

recroy

Thanks Mustang, I had a feeling that those bleeders weren't stock as none of the other bikes sport them. They look stock though. Thanks for your input. :wave I hear that the fork oil capacity is around 620-30 mls. would you recommend that. It seems odd that triumph gives you dipstick measurements rather than just the amount of oil required seeing as the forks are so similar for most models in this age range. :qgaraduate :qgaraduate cheers Bob
'94 steamer  '87 transalp