News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Interesting little lesson on Mikuni carbs

Started by Bixxer Bob, April 28, 2013, 10:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rybes

nice lil read there bob good find  :thumbsup was hopin it would give me a clue to whats up with mine but it didnt  :doubt ill suss it one day  :sleepy1
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rybes

its when startin from cold. wont start if i put the choke on but needs the choke as soon as it starts up or it stalls.

Bixxer Bob

Based on what I've learned from the Mikuni on the Aprillia, there are a couple of places to look. The 'O' ring on the choke plunger - a leak here will stop the choke working initially, until there is enough depression (ie the engine running) to overcome the leak.  And around the choke cable guide where it enters the carb.  Also, you don't have a leak around your repaired brass pipe do you?

rybes

dunno but ya can bet my carbs will be comin off later this week. busy ? lol

Bixxer Bob

rybes

ill probly have a look at it friday mate. im in denmark till weds

Bixxer Bob

Unfortunately, I have a coroners court appearance on Friday afternoon.  I'm being asked to give my opinion on my friend's riding ability before his accident.

rybes

rightyo. good luck with that mate, i hope ya get a good result. is it the one you told me about ?

Bixxer Bob