News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Board lights

Started by Solon, May 08, 2013, 08:43:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solon

Today I decided to to take a look at the board lights which were not functioning properly.
I believed that the light bulb for the neutral sensor was gone, unfortunately the bulb is ok, there is smth else wrong with the sensor. Any ideas where it is located and how I can check it?

And , more interesting, after opening the control board, I realized I had an extra bulb slot, which was simply hanging in there, fitted nowhere and with no room to be fitted anywhere. I placed a bulb on it to see what it does and I found it shows whether any light is turned on. I already had the blue light on the board which shows if your "long range" lights are on, but I find this "lights on sensor" useful too, I just don't know where to fit it, all the other holes in the board are already taken.

rybes

has it fell out of a dial ?
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

rf9rider

The neutral switch is on the left hand bottom side of motor, just about behind the front of the gear lever, behind the sidestand switch.
Check the connection as they get dirty, and check the wiring.

Solon

Quote from: rybes on May 08, 2013, 11:22:02 PM
has it fell out of a dial ?
It sure looks like that, but there seems to be no place it could fell off. Where do other steamers have the "lights on" indicator? I mention that the clocks are already illuminated when I turn on the lights, so it's not for that. I'll add a picture later, maybe someone can "enlighten" me...

Quote from: rf9rider on May 09, 2013, 12:43:15 AM
The neutral switch is on the left hand bottom side of motor, just about behind the front of the gear lever, behind the sidestand switch.
Check the connection as they get dirty, and check the wiring.
Thanks, I'll take a look.

Sin_Tiger

There's no "lights on" indicator as such but the dials have back lights, that's probably the one that you are describing. Have you ridden it in the dark yet  :icon_scratch:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Solon

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on May 09, 2013, 03:25:00 PM
There's no "lights on" indicator as such but the dials have back lights, that's probably the one that you are describing. Have you ridden it in the dark yet  :icon_scratch:
Yup, I've ridden it in the dark, and the dials have a back light , but that's another story, this indicator has nothing to do with that back light

rf9rider

Put up a pic, lets see what you got.

rybes

reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Sin_Tiger

Can't figure out what you are trying to describe. This is what it should look like.

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Solon

rf9rider

Looks like it should go to speedo dial, under the where the speedo cable fits, although your`e clocks look a little different to Sins picture.

Is this a UK bike?

Looking again, looks like the bottom bulb hole in the speedo is blocked off?

Mustang

what is the color code of the wires in the xtra socket , my guess is it is the second speedometer light .

Sin_Tiger

Solon, let's have a picture of the front of the Speedo, my money is on that's not the original Speedo ,as there is no lower back light opening on the casing

Solon

Quote from: rf9rider on May 11, 2013, 05:14:58 PM
Is this a UK bike?

Looking again, looks like the bottom bulb hole in the speedo is blocked off?

It was first registered in Germany. The speedo has no empty holes in it.

Quote from: Mustang on May 11, 2013, 08:10:18 PM
what is the color code of the wires in the xtra socket , my guess is it is the second speedometer light .

Black and blue.
Quote from: Sin_Tiger on May 11, 2013, 09:13:39 PM
Solon, let's have a picture of the front of the Speedo, my money is on that's not the original Speedo ,as there is no lower back light opening on the casing
I thought that myself, that this might not be the original, because I know the bike went through a serious frontal accident somhwere in its past. I'll post tomorrow a pictore of the front of the speedo.

Sin_Tiger

If you mean one wire is black with red paint stripes and the other is blue with red paint, then that it's an instrument light for sure.