News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Strange rev needle movement (1200 to zero and so on)

Started by aesdj, May 14, 2013, 07:38:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aesdj

I was stood messing with the sat nav with the bike running when I looked at the rev counter, the needle was going from 1200 to zero and back. Did'nt have time to mess with it as the lads I was with shot off down the M6. Everything was fine with the bike, running perfect, all the other clocks fine. One thing I did thinks was I'd just been through a puddle, nothing big and not at speed but I just thought water some were. Any ideas?

robxxxx

I start to worry when that happens on mine. Every time it has been a precursor to an R/R failure. But if you managed to get down the M6 with no issue then lets hope it was just a one off.

aesdj

Lets bloody hope not and that it was a one off. Must add that it only did it twice and the needle operated fine when I added some throttle.

Timbox2

And again not to frighten you but just maybe check your ECU plugs, and underneath the ECU, theres holes in them there mudguard that lets all sort of crap up.
2016 Tiger Sport

aesdj

Now you all are starting to frighten me  :icon_lol:. I put duck tape over the holes years ago so I don't think its that but I'll check both at the weekend.

HockleyBoy

Agree with Rob on this, everytime something has played up on the dash on mine it has been charging related. I would check battery and output from your regrec which is easy and at least you can rule them out.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

IlDoc

It seems a low-voltage problem, i had the same in greece and after a few days the R/R has broken.
Chek your battery and charge voltage.

Spud

when my bike died on my last trip to Scotland the speedo was the first thing to play up then it died. I had to have a new RR cheers Spud  :thumbsup