News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

lake district

Started by chappers, May 18, 2013, 03:30:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chappers

guys iam off up to the lakes with some ex forces friends for the a days ride out  in june and was wondering if any of you had any nice places you have been to that would be worth visiting. we are camping near settle on the north yorks border. so at the mo iam in the early stages of just planning a route.   

all info greatly accepted :)

PeteH

Its all nice :thumbsup but you can probably get some good info from the Filling Station Cafe...Google or Facebook it...reasonably new and biker friendly, just be sure to call in for a coffee.

Edited to add link -  http://ridewithgps.com/routes/870432?fb_share=route&mode=manual, hope it works. This is a route that takes in all the Pass`s in the lakes..pinched from The Filling Stations facebook page :icon_eek:
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Loops

Hi Chappers,

You don't say when you're going.

But if you get this in time a cracking ride (challenging) is Eskdale to Ambleside via the Hardknott & Wrynose passes.

Well it's challenging on a fully loaded Tiger when on-coming cars swing onto your side of the road to get round the hairpins and you HAVE to dive up their inside to avoid impact.

In good weather it's just superb scenery all the way.

Enjoy!

Cheers

Loops
The more I drive the more I love my Tiger

1999 efi Tiger Yellow ~ 86k miles
2012 HD Electra Glide Classic ~ 40k miles
and Her 250 Rebel ~ 5k miles (and only did 16 miles last year!!)

Bixxer Bob

We overnighted at Bedale then ran up the A684 stopping at Hawes for coffee and of course Wensledale cheese.  There's a really good motormuseum on the A592 at the south end of Windemere and if you want a laugh, try going from Ambleside up the Struggles to the Kirkstone Pass.  The Struggles are about 1 in 4, I went up it on the Blackbird, two up with luggage, mainly on the back wheel slipping the clutch.  It's a white road on the map and is single track.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...