News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Will a 2001 fuel tank work on a 2006?

Started by stopwatch1, May 27, 2013, 12:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stopwatch1

Can the fuel pump assemblies be unbolted from each tank and swapped so the 2001 tank will work on the 2006? I've got a 2006 with the dreaded "bubbling decals" and a 2001 tank with good decals. I've looked at the pics of each assembly in the "How to remove fuel tank" sticky section and it looks like they can be swapped. Thanks...   

Dutch

Did you compare part numbers on http://www.worldoftriumph.com/section.php/4276/1 ?

That would be the easy way to start. Different number doesn't always mean it's not possible to swap, but same number will mean it is.

Cheers, Dutch

Chris Canning

All the tanks are the same,it's only the internals that differ,piece of useless info but in the bad old days Acerbis did the plastics for Triumph,the problem being Triumph in the UK,Acerbis is Italy everything took for ever to get done,hence why all the tanks and plastics from 99 to 2006 are the same,changing anything would have be a logistical nightmare,Triumph have now taken control of such things.

Never any good comparing part numbers,do that and the 885i can is different from the 955,yea right!!!

stopwatch1

Thanks guys, I believe your right. They seem to be the same.