News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Need help with carb tuning

Started by Mattisonjm, May 28, 2013, 03:04:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattisonjm

Hi, this is my first post, and I need some help. I purchased a 96 equiped with mikunis around six months ago and she has always ggotten twenty mpg u.s. I always put it off as the dealership said they looked at it and didn't see a problem. Well the plugs finnally fouled out and the exhuast was soot black at wot so I removed the main jets and went to compare them to stock to see if they were oversized as I thought they were. They were way too big and I could only get my hands on 107.5's whuch I didn't think would be too big seeing as I'm certain the exhausts are aftermarket even though they don't look performance or anything so I installed them and put in new plugs I go her started rven though she was running kind off rough I put it up to her not running in a few weeks but after half a mile she made a loud pop and wouldn't start and run consistantly so rhats were I am. I'm assuming now that the mixtures arearen't right and it running lean because of the smaller jets and the air being set to accomodate the old jets. I as wondering what the adjuatment foe the mixture screws are and if anypne could give me some advice in general. Thanks!

Mustang

is the cap on the right hand snorkel .it needs to be .

and I would replace the float assembly o rings , it sounds like they are leaking .

everything you need to know can be found here

http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,7592&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Mattisonjm

Gracias amigo! I'll check this out!