News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Why Are Big Trallies So Ugly

Started by Chris Canning, May 28, 2013, 05:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

At Donington this weekend and this is the good side!!!,but a 1000cc!! missed the boat already.

Sin_Tiger

This look was pioneered by Honda with the Varadero  :icon_wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Dutch

Nope, imho BMW in 1993 when they introduced the R 1100 GS.

Must admit I was thinking about topic title just recently. The bikes I think really look good are the supersports. Lovely to look at but less so to ride in the real world. The allroaders are more the other way, just ride the crap out of them so you don't have to look at them  :hat10

Although the KTM 990 adventure looks pretty cool  :pimp

metalguru

Was wondering why there is more scaffolding on display when ever a new model comes out. Perhaps I am getting old.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Chris Canning

Quote from: metalguru on May 29, 2013, 07:41:11 PM
Was wondering why there is more scaffolding on display when ever a new model comes out. Perhaps I am getting old.

Think you'll find it's the only one and hence why they don't want anyone sitting on it,I haven't forgotten my days at Ducati,took the one and only Hypermotard to Snetterton bike is on it's side stand on Saturday we are stood next too it having a cupper with our backs turned,10 year clambers on it(not the side stand side) and pulls it over and makes a real mess,mom and dad turn up,not a sorry not a kiss my arse and say 'Should have been bolted down' and walk off.

As for the bike,the Japs drive me nuts,they have the ability to design and build over night and they churn something like this out,the motor is 200cc too small,and the otherside I couldn't bring myself to photograph,without doubt there is a market for a budget twin and then they go and shoot e'mselves in the foot with this horror with a 10 year old motor.

metalguru

Not knowing the power of the thing but it could be something to do with the new A2 licence, as the Tiger 800 can be restricted easily too. The Honda 125 varadero never ceases to amaze me how it actually pulls itself along, it is a big bike for its size!

Can just imagine H+S getting hold of that nowadays.

Meant the scaffolding the bikes made of!!!!!

:thumbsup
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Bixxer Bob

I'm guessing there's an exhaust can the size of a small dustbin on the other side then? :hat10
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Dutch

No problem, good for the aftermarket can suppliers  :icon_wink:

rf9rider

Quote from: metalguru on May 29, 2013, 08:12:36 PM
Meant the scaffolding the bikes made of!!!!!

:thumbsup

Finally, someones on the same wave length.

I mentioned this when i first saw the new Tiger 800`s, looks unfinished to me.

JTT

Quote from: Chris Canning on May 29, 2013, 08:04:04 PM
the motor is 200cc too small

1000cc is plenty for me in this part of the world.  While I appreciate big displacement for superslab grinding, my biggest beef is the, well, the beef.  All these new bikes are massive porkers...at least 100lbs overweight.  Instead of 150hp and 600lbs, give me 80-100hp and 400lbs.  Well controlled long travel suspension, roomy ergos, and big fuel tank also a must.
2003 955i Tiger
2005 KLR
1970 T100C

Chris Canning

Quote from: JTT on May 30, 2013, 02:42:39 AM
Quote from: Chris Canning on May 29, 2013, 08:04:04 PM
the motor is 200cc too small

1000cc is plenty for me in this part of the world.  While I appreciate big displacement for superslab grinding, my biggest beef is the, well, the beef.  All these new bikes are massive porkers...at least 100lbs overweight.  Instead of 150hp and 600lbs, give me 80-100hp and 400lbs.  Well controlled long travel suspension, roomy ergos, and big fuel tank also a must.

Problem being what you want doesn't sell,ask KTM hence why they have gone from their 1000 to the new big banger.

Also what is rarely mentioned if at all,I/we certainly wouldn't need a bigger/faster bike if modern day cars hadn't become so much faster,a modern day 2.0L turbo diesel car is a difficult thing to deal with, with a 10 year old big traillie,note I said difficult not impossible.

It's only since Ducati brought the Multi out that the great taboo has been broken in,with the fact why should a  big traillie be slow????,I'm not suggesting that everyone wants to ride around at 150mph but the option does make life easier from time to time as I've found out on my K,I get treated with a lot more respect by other road users when they realise the speed of the thing and get far less hassle.

Dutch

Can't Suzuki just put a 1200 sticker on the tank? Who is going to measure bore & stroke anyway  :pottytrain2

NKL

I guess the manufacturer's are bringing out more powerful bikes to compensate for motorcyclists penis's getting smaller. 
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

Chris Canning

Quote from: NKL on May 30, 2013, 02:18:32 PM
I guess the manufacturer's are bringing out more powerful bikes to compensate for motorcyclists penis's getting smaller.

Well I guess you can only speak as you find!! :icon_lol:

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: Chris Canning on May 30, 2013, 09:39:24 AM

Problem being what you want doesn't sell,ask KTM hence why they have gone from their 1000 to the new big banger.

Also what is rarely mentioned if at all,I/we certainly wouldn't need a bigger/faster bike if modern day cars hadn't become so much faster,a modern day 2.0L turbo diesel car is a difficult thing to deal with, with a 10 year old big traillie,note I said difficult not impossible.

It's only since Ducati brought the Multi out that the great taboo has been broken in,with the fact why should a  big traillie be slow????,I'm not suggesting that everyone wants to ride around at 150mph but the option does make life easier from time to time as I've found out on my K,I get treated with a lot more respect by other road users when they realise the speed of the thing and get far less hassle.

:iagree   :thumbsup

The Tiger can deal with traffic, but I have to think about it.  The 'Bird is a lot less effort.  Like Chris's "K" it just looks fast coming up behind folks so they tend to make room.  The HID helps too....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...