News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

BMW GS 1200, 2013 model

Started by John Stenhouse, June 01, 2013, 01:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Stenhouse

I have to offer apologies to Chris Canning, after one of your posts recently about the Explorer I thought you were full of it!

However, having tested the new model GS last week I bow to your superior knowledge. You said the Explorer didn't move the game on far enough, rubbish I thought, how the hell can he know. But it's true I'm afraid the 13MY GS is a better package and if I had a spare £15K I would be sticking my cash down now!

Sorry Chris, I'll try to listen with a more open mind next time.

Explorer = good bike, still some faults
GS = Great bike, couldn't find anything I'd change

Please note this is a personal opinion and yes there are some things I would look carefully at, electronic suspension being one of them.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Chris Canning

Posts about the Explorer?? by me???

threepot

How much better is the GS over the EXP anyway? If its vastly superior,I can understand that influencing buying decisions. But a few minor differences?? What about brand loyalty? I've been riding Hinkley Triumph's for 17 yrs now,and love them. Their not perfect(well,the models I've owned/own)but there's something about them. I feel a strong bonding towards them. BMW make great bikes. But compare the companies..BMW- HUGE..5billion euro profit in 2010! Massive R&D resources. Triumph-small in comparison,but.....make bloody good bikes considering. The only gripe I have with Triumph is the cost of replacement parts. I feel they do not repay customer loyalty in what they charge  :icon_mad: But,are the others any different?
95 Super111
96 Tiger