News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New to the forum

Started by Galviniser, June 09, 2013, 06:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galviniser

Just want to say hi, I'm Chris and I have a 98 tiger 885 (steamer as such) I'm from Manchester, and I'm 20, iv had 9 bikes so far, I got this tiger as my sv650 got robbed from work so I used the insurance money to get this tiger. I bought it as a non runner and got it going again, I wanted a transalp at first but this has grown on me now. I think it's a pretty Awsome bike. It's never really ran perfect but the other day I thought I'd compression test it, turns out they were all different so I'm stripping it down now, I found out the head gaskets gone.

Sin_Tiger

Nice to see some young blood appreciating the Steamer.  Check the valve clearances before you pull the head.

Welcome, make use of the vast resources here and you won't go far wrong.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

aeronca

welcome aboard. glad to see another steamer on the forum. :XXsunsmile    Steamers Rule!
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

PeteH

Best of luck getting it sorted :thumbsup
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

TripleTragic

Welcome Chris. Thats a solid, purposeful looking Tiger you have there.

Nothing like getting up to your elbows in engine bits to get to know a bike.  I did the head on my steamer earlier this year and it wasn't anywhere near as scary as I thought it might be.  I now have so much misplaced confidence that I am launcing into a head gasket and sprag clutch rebuild on another T300 engine...

Good luck with yours.
Good things come in Threes

Advwannabe

Just don't emmulate TT and have the thing sitting in the shed for a year before you get started......
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

TripleTragic

Quote from: Advwannabe on June 12, 2013, 04:40:53 AM
Just don't emmulate TT and have the thing sitting in the shed for a year before you get started......

Bite your arse, you.   I had the head off and back on the Tiger pretty quickly!

The speed triple on the other hand has been sitting for much longer than a year....

How's that GT btw?
Good things come in Threes

threepot

Plenty of help available here if you need it :wave
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Advwannabe

Quote from: TripleTragic on June 12, 2013, 11:30:54 AM
Quote from: Advwannabe on June 12, 2013, 04:40:53 AM

Bite your arse, you.   I had the head off and back on the Tiger pretty quickly!

The speed triple on the other hand has been sitting for much longer than a year....

How's that GT btw?

Maturing, like a good wine. Never let facts get in the way of a good sledge.
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180