News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

tiger 955i dont start

Started by rcgomes, July 03, 2013, 10:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcgomes

i understand!! yes i receive the email!! i will see if i need something from this site and made a good package for the 10 pounds shipping rate! thanks aloot! God bless! when i have the bike good il made a big trip! im crazy for this situation! and i have the bike in a garage next to other people so is not good for work in the bike! il go change the place for work without worries! thanks  :thumbsup :icon_salut:

rcgomes

hello everyone, the bike already works!! :hat10 it was the solenoid! when I tried to push start the bike i have not enough slope and the tires were too down to gain speed...the burn solenoid was certainly due to my old battery be low amperage starting and when I connect the cable to the car and insisted a lot it burned the solenoid!! so for me car battery help never more!!

so the REAL problem was the battery!! if i buy at the first place one new i don't have solenoid problem!! but need to learn a lesson

now have another problem! the bike works, but the engine light comes on! someone will be able to know what it is? the bike was stopped long time, do not understand why the engine light on  :icon_frown:. thank you

metalguru

3 cycles of start, stop, hot,cold should sort it, or reset by dealer or TuneEcu
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

rcgomes

Quote from: metalguru on August 21, 2013, 12:20:47 AM
3 cycles of start, stop, hot,cold should sort it, or reset by dealer or TuneEcu

but you understand why this happends?i remember to disconect and conect the ECU big switch! today i do a ride and rides fine, but light stay on! and a bring back to garage!! my oil is castrol gps 10w40 now and have maby 700klm. thanks for help

Bixxer Bob

Engine light is on because the battery has been off the bike.  After three times riding till it's hot then stop, cool down then ride again it will go out.  If it doesn't then you need to read the code with TUNEECU.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rcgomes

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on August 21, 2013, 10:03:43 AM
Engine light is on because the battery has been off the bike.  After three times riding till it's hot then stop, cool down then ride again it will go out.  If it doesn't then you need to read the code with TUNEECU.

yes, but for warm up the bike 3 times need to start the fan to? or no need? where to buy the cable for tune eco? thanks

iansoady

I think I did tell you that at the beginning of July: "

That relay is powered from the same cable as the starter solenoid so I would suggest either the solenoid or a bad connection."

However, glad it's now going.

The fan doesn't have to come on but that's the easiest way of knowing it's been up to temperature. Just leave it idling till the fan comes on, go for a ride, put it away. Repeat twice more.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

rcgomes

yes you did! but i put this post in another foruns to and my head is like a puzzle at this time! need to have the sure!! but i save a lot of money i no need to go in dealer for repair, because here is like mafia,you have problem for 30$ but this is not money for mecanics lolol so they fu** something in the bike for tell have more problem!!! if people are serious and honnest they are Fu** up with this people! so i like to make my repairs alone and learn how to!!and until now never had them! i like to pay in serious people not gypsy like!!and here mecanics only if you are friend of them!

thanks  :thumbsup i go right away to garage go ride!! i buy the new helmet for hot days. the nolan n43 air go try this today

rcgomes

Hi, today i did a trip 200k very good!!! i try to make this thing stop the bike, but it takes aloot for cooling! today have hot weather!! then i stop and look for the bike and think!
-very good bike, more Riding c'mon heheh :hat10
im very happy today!! i need to find that cable for the Tuneboy, because ride and wait its difficult to me  :icon_mrgreen: but only find the triumph Kit in tuneboy site and is 300$ :thumbsup

Bixxer Bob

Not TUNEBOY, use TUNEECU, it's free!

There's a link to where to buy the cable somewhere on here.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rcgomes

you have the right Bixxer! another guy tell me for purchase tuneboy or rapidbike

one question, when the bike was stopped without battery connected etc, e disconnect the ECU big switch and connect again! this may cause loose the Tors map info?  i don´t understand this full injected! i only have YZ´s cross Bike and another carburetor . thanks

Bixxer Bob

Okay. The ECU saves the trim data when you turn the engine off. If you listen carefully you will hear a click from under the seat about 4 seconds after the engine stops. That is the ECU shutting itself down after saving the data.  Disconnecting the battery will not affect the map or the trims so you have no worries there.

But, if you have a weak battery the ECU can't raise the voltage high enough to save the trims properly so then the trims can be corrupted. That is why it is important always to have a strong battery.  If this happens, fit a good battery then reload the map using TuneEcu and that will fix it.