News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

bike safe course

Started by wardy, July 15, 2013, 12:22:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wardy

hi guys did a bike safe course this weekend was nt looking forward to it really did it partly to keep family happy anyway must admit it was ok got quite a lot out of it your never to old to learn if any one wants to know any more let me know

John Stenhouse

Any extra training is worth its weight in gold. Car or bike, even HGV courses are all worth the time
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Boo

I did the IAM test a couple of years back, It was brilliant fun. Leaned a few new things, :qgaraduate and confirmed a lot of things I was not too sure of. Its good fun to challenge yourself now and then. Well done that man! :eusa_clap

Chris Canning

Very early on in my biking career I quickly realised that I could ride a bike on the road for a 100 years I'd learn to survive!! I'd never learn to actually ride a bike,I only learned that when I gave up road riding(had an 7 year gap) and raced off road,with the front wheel going one way and the rear going the other that's when I actually learned to ride a bike.

pineygroveshop

I did the BikeSafeNC course.  Found it beneficial.  I accept all training available.
Cheers,
Stephen

nickjtc

At risk of sounding like a ghof  :blah, training is a good thing at any time in a riders career. I took formal training for the first time after riding for 24 years; learned more in those two days than I had in the previous 24 years. The main thing I learned was that it was amazing I had made it that long without a serious mishap.  :icon_confused: 

Since then I decided to make a career out of rider safety and became an instructor. The most rewarding thing was working with novice riders and having them be able to critique the bad habits of the (non trained) riders out there. Nick
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Bixxer Bob

It gives me a warm feeling  when kids I took for CBT years ago come up to me in the local bike shop and "Hi Mister, I'm still alive and in one piece"  :XXsunsmile
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

ned37

Quotelike a ghof
wtf is a ghof?
95 blue steamer
04 husaberg fe650e

nickjtc

"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

ned37

shoulda known.  i resemble that remark :nod
95 blue steamer
04 husaberg fe650e