News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Steamer bound!

Started by HeavyHustler, July 22, 2013, 06:13:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeavyHustler

Hi amigos n amigas!
Just thought I'd introduce myself now that I have acquired a 97 Steamer, in black of course!  :hat10 
It has 23,959 original miles
Givi Bag mounts, Side bags and Top Case
Corbin and original Triumph seat/Twisted Throttle Bar back risers
Spiegler Brake line kit /.95kg/mm Sonic Fork springs
Valve clearance check/ Carborators sync. / new plugs @ 22,306 miles
New AGM battery 5/13
Stock exhaust slightly modified to enhance the triple melody
Stock luggage rack and spare clutch lever/ slave cylinder assay.
Haynes Triumph Triple service manuel/ service history/receipts
Original OEM Sales Brochure.

I've always thought these bikes had more character than any other Tiger so it was what I got.  I'm new to DS bikes but not DS riding.  I tricked out my S3 and rode it to Alaska this summer!  :icon_mrgreen: 

Then I buy a DS?! I know it's a bit backwards but I really wanted to ride the S3.  LOL!
Anyways I've already found lots of great info so far!  Except those grill covers for the head lights.  Can't find them?  Any help?
I'm sure I'll have many more to come!
Cheers,
Mark

Mustang

Welcome

1st things first .........
your location , you need to fill it in in your profile .
This board is worldwide and it helps in discussions if we know which side of the big pond you are on.

headlight covers , non existent , made out of unobtainium . :bug_eye

You are going to soon find out the aftermarket for steamers was / is  very limited  and it's even worse now that the bikes have been out of production for 15 years .

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

HeavyHustler

Sorry Mustang.  I figured Satan's Armpit was universal for Phoenix, AZ!  LOL!

I was also looking at some Pro Taper Mid ATV bars, H&B crash bars, tyres, etc etc.

I am still curious if you can fit a 150 for a 140........someone has to have done this?  No?

Cheers,
Mark

Mustang

Quote from: HeavyHustler on July 22, 2013, 07:43:54 PM
Sorry Mustang.  I figured Satan's Armpit was universal for Phoenix, AZ!  LOL!

I was also looking at some Pro Taper Mid ATV bars, H&B crash bars, tyres, etc etc.

I am still curious if you can fit a 150 for a 140........someone has to have done this?  No?

Cheers,
Mark
The aluminum Pro Tapers are buzzy at  highway cruizing speeds , The steel ATV Moose racing bars that Dennis Kirk sells work much better . Either way you need inserts to install your bar end weights .

You can easily run a 150 /70 -17 on the steamer rear rim .

This is a 150/70 Maxxis Presa Detour that I killed in 3 weeks . did a 9000 mile loop around the USA .
Brand new when I left , this is what it looked like when I got home .

threepot

Nice Tiger HH..The Speedy looks cool too in that guise. Shows the Triumph's can do what Yam's can(Nick Saunders)
9k in 3 wks! Thats more than some people do in 3yrs Mustang :icon_salut:
Nice to know a 150 will fit the std rear. 140 looks a bit skinny.
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Sin_Tiger

The stick on perspex type for the Street Triple will fit or a wire mesh set for an Africa Twin can be modified to fit without drilling holes.

I think Street Triple is a very underrated bike as an all rounder in my opinion. 3000 km over a long weekend to Thailand and back in the company of GS' s etc and in all weather's.  Keeping your license clean is another matter  :icon_redface:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

HeavyHustler

Well my new to me Steamer finally arrived today!  It came from PA and ran like a top straight away.  H&B crash bars are here to put on, waiting for my center stand and mesh head light guards.  :hat10

Frosties

That's a really sweet looking Tiger there fella. Thought mine (also black - best colour) was sweet looking but i've just been trumped  :hat10  Enjoy it & safe riding. :thumbsup