News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Oil leak

Started by DavidR8, July 26, 2013, 05:03:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidR8

I'm embarrassed that this is my first post but I've only had the bike about a week and I'm too busy riding!

Last night I noticed a small amount of oil on the top of the left side case near an electrical connection. I searched my Service Manual in vain trying to figure out what the connector is for and for a potential source of the leak. Wonder if any of the wise folks have run into this before.

Hoping these pic will show where the oil is (nice that its a pretty green colour!)

2006 Girly, stone stock!

Chris Canning

I'd worry about it during the winter,looking at the amount of dirt mixed in with oil how long has it been since it was wiped clean so you can get an idea of how bad it really is,it's only the O ring leaking carry on riding  :icon_lol:

NortonCharlie

Isn't that anti freeze rather than oil? Looks pretty green to me.  The hoses tend to get a little loose with all the plastic heating up and cooling down.  Have seen them drip a little over the winter when things get real cold and shrink down.  Look to the normal suspects, radiator cap, hose connections (might need a little snug up) and connections on the overflow tank have been known to break.
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

TigerTrax

Charlie....
Long time .... Hope all is well !
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'