News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Moose Bars Cable Issue

Started by ssevy, July 27, 2013, 08:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssevy

The cables for the controls are too short if I leave them running through the wire guide on the triple tree. Did you guys just remove the wire guide and let them move freely around the headstock to accommodate the Moose bars?  Thanks!
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

Mustang

mine fit on three different tigers and years with zero issues  ........are you sure the wire harnesses are not tie wrapped off in a bunch

ssevy

The left side was wire-tied and I was able to snip it to make it work. I re-routed the choke cable and have enough slack there too. The big problem is the front brake hose just won't reach. Did you re-route it somehow? Someone mentioned a Trophy hose as a longer replacement?

ssevy

Okay, I have done lots more research, and I guess my best bet is to order some a custom pair from Cycleworks and eliminate the splitter at the same time. No way is the existing brake hose ever going to be long enough to even mount the lever assembly, let alone do any turning. I notice that the clutch line is already a braided stainless, so either it came from the factory like that (?) or one of the POs replaced it at some point. Glancing at the window at the fluid, it definitely needs changing, so I'll bleed the clutch and rear as well when I get the new lines for the front.