News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

LED headaches

Started by ssevy, August 02, 2013, 11:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssevy

I just received my LED bulbs from superbrights and began the installation. First, I replaced the flasher with the LED-friendly unit, and then the bulbs. The turn signal bulbs won't light up. If I return to the original incandescent bulbs they work fine with either flasher. At one point when I tried them in different combinations, the flasher stopped working, and I noticed that I had pulled one of those crimped wires out of the connector, so I soldered that back up and the flasher worked fine again.
I also tried installing the bulbs on my Legend, and the LEDs worked great on the right side, but nothing in the left. When I went to put the originals back in, the front left bulb glows dimly and the rear not at all. Even though the sides aren't split at the fusebox, I checked the fuses anyways, but everything was okay.
Any clues?

PS- I got some of those red tail light LED bulbs that rapidly flash when you first apply the brake, and then go steady. I really like the attention they draw to the brake light.
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

rf9rider

The LED bulbs need to be put in the right way round. (If you didn`t know already)

Check them again, if they don`t work, turn them round 180 degrees.

Are you sure you got the right wattage bulbs?

ssevy

Thanks...yes, I knew about the polarity issue. I put all the stock stuff back in the Tiger and everything is working again. I tried calling superbright's tech line, but after 15 minutes of a looped recording I gave up.
I may not be big, but I'm slow.