News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Keys

Started by Boo, August 05, 2013, 10:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boo

Just got a Tiger 955i. Only one set of keys with it. I have three keys in all, ignition,tank & seat and pannoers, and on the key rings I have two tabs with the key numbers. But for which keys?????
Tried my local locksmith, no luck. Keys are similar to Fiat but not too sure of the match. Where can I go for a spare set of keys? :icon_scratch:

Many Thanks,
    Boo.

trophydave

Hi Boo

Not sure where abouts you are but here in the U.K. you can get the keys cut at Timsoms,cost about £8.00,I had one done recently.Not sure what a Triumph dealer would charge.I did try my local hardware shop,the one they cut me wouldn't even go in the lock,let alone turn it.

Boo

I am indeed located near England. Cornwall. Not heard of Timsons before, but there are some independant locksmiths about the local. Need to know what else the key blanks will fit.

trophydave

My spare key is a Silca ZD24RDP.I have to say the chap at Timsons in Mansfield was helpful.He let me take the blank out to my bike to see if it fitted the lock,then try it again after he had cut it before he would take any money off me.

The Midnight Rambler

I haven't heard of Timsons But TIMPSONS have branches in Camborne, Helston Truro and St Austell according to their website.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
― Hunter S. Thompson

Boo

Well! You learn something new every day!  :icon_scratch: Will give them a shout when I get back from my meanderings. Thanks for that.   Boo. :icon_salut: