News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Classic bike racing at Donington last weekend.....

Started by Bixxer Bob, August 13, 2013, 07:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

So.... on Sunday I was on the pit wall at Donington watching my mate's brother guest riding Loris Capirossi's 2008 Ducati Moto GP bike (dear mother of God that thing is loud....)while listening to the latest exploits of Tom Sykes ( 2nd so far in this yr's World Superbike Championship) and thinking, "This is not your ordinary day....."

And I know that, with your extensive network of contacts Chris, that's no big deal, but in my world it was surreal :icon_cool:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

So long as you enjoyed it that's all that  matters  :icon_biggrin:

Bixxer Bob

I really did Chris,  thanks.  Only one more meeting this yr and its home for me at Snetterton.

Our RD400 is flying, we just need to get a bit of consistency out of the forks.  Sadly not the same for the MT 125s.  Two or three of the usual blow-ups, thankfully not ours this time, but it was dog slow.  I'm going to start giving the 125 crowd free crack dectection on their pistons whenever they have the barrel off as they seem to always let go around the gudgeon pin.  They don't seize as such; I think its more to do with revving to 14,000 rpm.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...