News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Santa has come early

Started by robxxxx, August 18, 2013, 10:44:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robxxxx

Said bye to the Girly a few weeks ago when I collected this. Still trying to run it in. But did my back in the very day I rode it home, so sat in the shed for a week with 30 miles on the clock.

John Stenhouse

Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Nick Calne

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

The Midnight Rambler

Did the same in March. Its sort of sad cos I loved my Girly, but oh man the Tex is one big bad naughty girl.
It appears I have been seduced by a younger woman!
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
― Hunter S. Thompson

Chris Canning

Well the great joys of motorcycling you have to go with what ever floats your boat,when the 955 gets pushed to the back of the garage(it certainly won't be sold) it'll be a 1050 Sport for us,unless something better comes along in the mean time.

robxxxx

I loved the 955. Palmer screen, TOR can, airbox mod, offroad tune. Would have upgraded suspension next, just to keep Chris happy! But I just got so paranoid with the R/R problems, it was becoming an annual thing. In fact the last mod I did was to replace the R/R for a MOSFET one, just a few months before P/Xing her.
But the TEX is some bike. Just pulls like a train. I'm still running it in, but it has scared the sh*t out of me a few times how quick it is. This is just going to eat those miles up when we go off touring next year.

Quote from: Chris Canning on August 18, 2013, 11:21:58 PM
unless something better comes along in the mean time.

With you on that Chris. I want this 1200 engine/drivetrain in something like a Sprint or 1050 chassis.

Yukon

robxxxx,

Congrats on the new purchase. I did the same thing about 3 weeks ago.  Here is a copy of a post I made in another forum:

Quote from: Yukon PER;22118732Rode this Tiger to the dealership a couple of weeks ago. I had it for 7 years and put 37,000 miles on it. I did a 1500 mile trip in May that included the BRP, Tail of the Dragon and the Snake; she never let me down.

Rode this one home...........

Chris Canning

Quote from: robxxxx on August 19, 2013, 12:22:07 AM
I loved the 955. Palmer screen, TOR can, airbox mod, offroad tune. Would have upgraded suspension next, just to keep Chris happy! But I just got so paranoid with the R/R problems, it was becoming an annual thing. In fact the last mod I did was to replace the R/R for a MOSFET one, just a few months before P/Xing her.
But the TEX is some bike. Just pulls like a train. I'm still running it in, but it has scared the sh*t out of me a few times how quick it is. This is just going to eat those miles up when we go off touring next year.

Quote from: Chris Canning on August 18, 2013, 11:21:58 PM
unless something better comes along in the mean time.

With you on that Chris. I want this 1200 engine/drivetrain in something like a Sprint or 1050 chassis.

If a bike is becoming unreliable and you can't sort it then it's got to go,the time to put good suspension on your bike is when you've done a couple of thousand mile and then buy aftermarket I haven't really spent anything on my Tiger in 10 years!!

I'd be surprised to see that motor in anything else it way too tall,they will have to go short stroke and even then it's a big old lump,I came up behind one the other day and thought jeeze what the hell is this with a bicycle tire on the back and then realised it was a 1200,do let us know how get on putting 130hp through it on a wet day  :icon_scratch:

BONANZA

Seems to be a growing trend. I did the same in May. Got offered a a good deal on an ex demo and couldn,t resist. My Girly did me proud but the little niggly things were starting to grow and it seemed like time to change. I know what you mean about the Tex getting you into trouble, I seem to be going 15mph faster than I think I am. Oh, mines black with the wire XC wheels.
05 Tiger
95 Speed Triple

robxxxx

Quote,I came up behind one the other day and thought jeeze what the hell is this with a bicycle tire on the back and then realised it was a 1200,do let us know how get on putting 130hp through it on a wet day  :icon_scratch:

Same spec tire as the 955 & traction control! But I know what you mean Chis, it does look skinney for the size of bike. Not been out in the wet yet, mailnly because I dont want to get it dirty. I'm a lazy sod, I hate washing bikes. So the Aprilia comes out in bad weather.