News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Getting us all a bad name....

Started by Bixxer Bob, August 23, 2013, 06:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

<iframe src="
" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Mustang, if you can embed this properly I'd be grateful :thumbsup_
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Nick Calne

That been floating around on youtube recently too. Silly bugger, eh?!
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Chris Canning

It's made me smile I have to say :icon_wink: :icon_wink:,the first time I watched I'd have bet good money he was going to up the hard shoulder!!,I've no doubt some folk will tut tut about him weaving between the cars but thats pretty standard stuff,but then who posts that of himself :icon_scratch: oh well that's the modern society for ya.

Bixxer Bob

Interesting you mention the hard shoulder Chris, it's decisions like that which make the difference between crashing and not. Decisions that come from years in the saddle  :thumbsup
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

Not like he didn't have plenty of time to guage his closing speed  :icon_rolleyes:

And one for Chris.

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

ssevy

If it was one of the HDs we see around here at Americade, he wouldn't have been able to weave through the traffic at all, as his old lady's arse would have been too wide to make it :icon_biggrin:
Someone asked me once why I ride a Triumph instead of a Hardly Decent, Son, and I told him my wife wasn't big enough for a Harley.
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

DavidR8

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on August 23, 2013, 06:52:32 PM
<iframe src="
" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Mustang, if you can embed this properly I'd be grateful :thumbsup_

The close-up of the tarmac at :16 secs shows a seriously aggressive surface. I'd hate to take a slide on that that stuff!
2006 Girly, stone stock!

The Midnight Rambler

Thats what is known in the profession as HRA or hot rolled asphalt. Its where all those grippy stones are rolled into the base for extra grip. So you make the choice: better grip to stop you losing it, or more sandpaper to lose your knuckles.
In this case I don't think the equation ever entered his poor little empty head.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
― Hunter S. Thompson

Spud

DavidR8

Quote from: The Midnight Rambler on August 29, 2013, 09:55:30 PM
Thats what is known in the profession as HRA or hot rolled asphalt. Its where all those grippy stones are rolled into the base for extra grip. So you make the choice: better grip to stop you losing it, or more sandpaper to lose your knuckles.
In this case I don't think the equation ever entered his poor little empty head.

my dear departed dad used to build roads on this side of the world. If I recall correctly we used 1/4" crush. That looks to be about 1/2". It must be pretty hard on tires, no?
2006 Girly, stone stock!

Sin_Tiger

I think tyre wear was the least of his worries mate  :icon_wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Dutch

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on August 24, 2013, 12:14:20 AM
Interesting you mention the hard shoulder Chris, it's decisions like that which make the difference between crashing and not. Decisions that come from years in the saddle  :thumbsup
More often than not the experience lets you get away with without having to use emergency procedures. In this case it looks like looking ahead a bit more and braking a bit harder would have prevented any problems. Maybe even just one of the two.

coachgeo

COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

aeronca

Got what he deserved. and the fucker was stupid enough to post the video. :eusa_clap  Darwin at work.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

aeronca

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on September 02, 2013, 08:15:31 PM
I think tyre wear was the least of his worries mate  :icon_wink:

Hey Sin, it's "Tire" :icon_lol:
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!