News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Jet kits

Started by HeavyHustler, August 26, 2013, 05:15:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeavyHustler

So it seems I am on the road to rejetting my 97.  Opened up the bowls to find corrosion and dirt etc.  So since the bike is not modded I was gonna just go with a Stage 1 DynoJet kit from BB.  Unfortunately they are out of stock.  I found these guys on eBay- http://www.ebay.com/itm/Triumph-Tiger-900-885-cc-Stage-1-7-Custom-Jet-Kit-6Sig-Jetting-Carburetor-Carb-/230999214506?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35c8a049aa&vxp=mtr
Anyone use them before?  Good, bad?

Anyways I also noticed I could use a new/used air box as well.  Anyone?   :icon_mrgreen:

I was also wondering if anyone has upgraded to a bigger gauge wire for the starter?  I did this on my S3 and it starts quick snap!

Saw the thread on LED's so I guess I'll give that a go as well.  Does anyone have a good source for the rubber grommets on the fairing?  Most of mine are shot....... :icon_rolleyes:

Thanks in advance for any advice and direction!

Cheers,
Mark

Sin_Tiger

I got the rubber grommets from Jack Lilley Triumph genuine. I can't recall for sure but I think someone told me that size is not common.  Don't have the details to hand, sorry.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

HeavyHustler

Side question- the Nology hotwires do not eliminate the coils? Correct?  If not is there an upgrade to them?

Cheers,
Mark

Mustang

stock air box comes from triumph for free when you buy a triumph air filter for 65 bucks at dealer or bike bandit, either way your ordering it cuz it wont be in stock

stock air box use the std. jets
105 mains
needles in the middle notch #40 pilot jets and 1 1/2 turn on the pilot screws

you don't need a silly jet kit

HeavyHustler

Quote from: Mustang on August 26, 2013, 09:46:26 PM
stock air box comes from triumph for free when you buy a triumph air filter for 65 bucks at dealer or bike bandit, either way your ordering it cuz it wont be in stock

stock air box use the std. jets
105 mains
needles in the middle notch #40 pilot jets and 1 1/2 turn on the pilot screws

you don't need a silly jet kit

Ok cool.  However, my problem is I don't know what 105 mains are, which needles to order, or #40 pilot jets...........   :icon_study:
My gaskets for the float bowl covers are nasty so I will order those.

OK!  I retract part of my statement.  After looking more closely at BB I found a few of the parts you speak of.  However there are different sizes?  Shall I just use the standard mains, not the large ones?

As per the airbox your saying if I order the filter I'll get a new airbox?  Mine is beat badly from a crash and pieced together.

Thanks for your patience and time Mustang!  LOL! 

Cheers,
Mark

Mustang

your tiger more than likely has #105 main jets in it already
use the stock needle everything is available online from BB

correct for 65 bucks you get an assembly which is airbox and new element , you have to use your old boots

HeavyHustler

Excellent!  I'm on it.......I think!  :icon_study:

HeavyHustler

Quote from: HeavyHustler on August 26, 2013, 06:44:05 PM
Side question- the Nology hotwires do not eliminate the coils? Correct?

Still curious about these-  Nology Hotwires.

On BB they have the cables then the coils.  Do the Nology hotwires cover both of these?  :icon_scratch:

Mustang

The hotwires only replace your existing plug wires you still need coils either oem or nologys

You can fiddle fuck fit some stick coils in from a 600 tt and they have the wires built in.

ssevy

While attending the classic triples rally a few weeks ago some of the guys mentioned that the nology HotWires they purchased did not seal as tightly as the stock wires do. Is that the same situation on the Tigers? I actually bought new Nology coils and the hot wires for my tiger and I have them in the drawer but I have yet to put them in.
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

Mustang

leaves a little to be desired .............................but I have ridden with the hot wires for over 20 k on tigger 2 , in all kinds of weather . and never not once had a hiccup.