News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2014 Meet in Scotland

Started by Sin_Tiger, September 01, 2013, 02:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blacktiger

Quote from: Spud on April 30, 2014, 08:50:29 PM
looks like I'm up on the Thursday then  :icon_lol:

cheers Spud  :thumbsup

Spud,
Are you riding all the way to Ft A on the Thursday?
There's two of us coming from way down south and having an overnight somewhere in Hawick Thursday night. Also aesdj (Jason) is going to ride up to us on the Friday morning and we'll ride into Ft.A together. You're welcome to join the convoy.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

XJC

Quote from: XJC on April 21, 2014, 12:50:17 PM
Having cleared it with Mrs X and given Sin a heads up, I've got room at chez X on the Thursday. Going on the premise that free board is always appealing it'll give our farther travelled folk a bed,bath/shower,blether and beers etc before meeting up with the rest of the guys the next day. Even those that are not so far travelled are welcome as we should be able to accomodate 5 or 6. Any more and we can pop tents up in the garden.

We're in Muirkirk so you can check it out on the map and if it suits your plans, give me a shout.

X.

Spud, you and BlackT's party are more than welcome here. The plan is to hook up with Sins mob at either Ayr or kilmarnock on the Friday and ride up from there. If it suits, give me a shout.

X.
The brain is useless. We must find another brain.

blacktiger

Quote from: XJC on May 01, 2014, 11:40:34 AM
Quote from: XJC on April 21, 2014, 12:50:17 PM
Having cleared it with Mrs X and given Sin a heads up, I've got room at chez X on the Thursday. Going on the premise that free board is always appealing it'll give our farther travelled folk a bed,bath/shower,blether and beers etc before meeting up with the rest of the guys the next day. Even those that are not so far travelled are welcome as we should be able to accomodate 5 or 6. Any more and we can pop tents up in the garden.

We're in Muirkirk so you can check it out on the map and if it suits your plans, give me a shout.

X.

Spud, you and BlackT's party are more than welcome here. The plan is to hook up with Sins mob at either Ayr or kilmarnock on the Friday and ride up from there. If it suits, give me a shout.

X.

Could you PM me with your exact location please. I'll then be able to see if it fits. Cheers.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Sin_Tiger

I'm thinking anyone coming across from the M74 along the A70, like XJC, can meet near Ayr. Then we'll go up the West over the Erskine bridge and meet up with anybody coming straight up the M74 - M8 (through Glasgow) on the A82 just outside Dumbarton.

On another subject, I think it might be a good idea to have someone as an "official photographer" if you like. A central point to coordinate and share stuff later as well. How is your young lad with a camera Mat-Tiger1? Seems the obvious choice unless you are not keen on him doing stuff on the move.

And lastly, If anyone wants to share (PM to myself) their email, mobile and reg number I will add it to the list (hidden on post ups) and share it with those traveling, it will also allow me to advise the campsite of the bikes coming in.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Spud

I am meeting up with Mat on Thursday and heading north, I think we are meeting up at a coffee stop on the way so as soon as mat drops me a PM I'll confirm my routine for the day

XJC

Both welcome.

Open invite.

X.
The brain is useless. We must find another brain.

Spud

fraser j ross

:icon_salut:

mat-tiger1

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on May 01, 2014, 12:51:46 PM

On another subject, I think it might be a good idea to have someone as an "official photographer" if you like. A central point to coordinate and share stuff later as well. How is your young lad with a camera Mat-Tiger1? Seems the obvious choice unless you are not keen on him doing stuff on the move.

And lastly, If anyone wants to share (PM to myself) their email, mobile and reg number I will add it to the list (hidden on post ups) and share it with those traveling, it will also allow me to advise the campsite of the bikes coming in.

Had a chat with the lad & he's up for it (admits a little practice might be in order first! :icon_redface:) But he's game for it!  :icon_cool::thumbsup

PM with details sent! :icon_cool:
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

Sin_Tiger

Great stuff  :thumbsup

I have a small single hand HD DV Camera that he can use if you'd rather not use your own. It's not waterproof but that won't be an issue this trip  :icon_rolleyes: if he can carry this off and not lose it, is his to keep after the job. There's some incentive for him.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

mat-tiger1

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on May 09, 2014, 11:43:53 AM
Great stuff  :thumbsup

I have a small single hand HD DV Camera that he can use if you'd rather not use your own. It's not waterproof but that won't be an issue this trip  :icon_rolleyes: if he can carry this off and not lose it, is his to keep after the job. There's some incentive for him.

Cheers Sin, i'm sure that will swing it! That's very generous of you!  :icon_cool:   :icon_salut:
Are you sure you're Scottish?  :icon_scratch: Lol...
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

Sin_Tiger

I know I'm forever buying gadgets that often end up collecting dust  :icon_rolleyes: and am often being reminded of the fact  :blah  :pottytrain2

mat-tiger1

Spud

That's my room sorted at the Lodge for Thursday night, Friday and Saturday I'll be sharing Fraser and then a steady bimble back on the Sunday. Anyone needs to break their journey in the midlands is more than welcome here.

mat-tiger1