News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Nipples

Started by Geoff W, September 02, 2013, 10:20:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff W

I discovered that the lowest of the rear suspension grease nipples had dislodged itself. so I replaced it and greased everything up. Apart from the frontmost nipple ( how I love that expression), is it really necessary to remove the exhaust to get at this one? The cross pipe linking the pipes blocks off this nipple. Do you need a right angle attachment for a grease gun? I realise that easy maintenance was not at the front of Triumph's mind when they designed this bike, but this is just ridiculous.
Also does anyone have the original spark plug remover or tool kit for sale? I am getting tired of bodging bits together to release number 2 plug.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

HeavyHustler

I was at Harbor Freight today and they had 90 degree grease zirks.  You could just remove the old one and throw in an angled one and grease away!  At least that's what I'm gonna do when I get around to it....... :icon_mrgreen:

Sin_Tiger

Yup, different design department  :icon_wink: this would explain why so many bearings are utterly shagged when you open them up. If I'm not mistaken they are the smallest size 1/8" BSP, they still seem to be available in 45/65/90

http://www.lubetec.co.uk/#/grease-nipples/4537933245

I might have a spare 45 or 90 in the garage, give me a shout in October if you get stuck.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

threepot

Quite a few T3's  have been broken up over the years,worth trying the breakers who advertise on ebay re tool kit/plug socket? :wave
95 Super111
96 Tiger