News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

America's Cup

Started by Chris Canning, September 09, 2013, 09:59:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Anyone watching the racing  :icon_eek: how to lift 7 tons of boat out of the water amazing  :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

fraser j ross

Was thier not a quote about Americas Cup Brittania rules the waves,America waves the rules,possibly Lipton ?

Chris Canning

Blimey your a bit behind the times!!,of recent years it's the Kiwi's who change the rules of the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFjxEfg_mEw&feature=player_embedded

Both of these are races for the right to challenge Oracle which is the American boat who have taken a bit of a kicking from both the Swiss yea I did say the Swiss and the Kiwi's in recent years.

fraser j ross

aye i know that!have they stopped cheating sorry waiving the rules nowadays ?

Bixxer Bob

just watching it now, and can see what Chris meant.  Two tiny carbon foils lifting the whole boat out of the water, up to three times the speed of the wind and around 47 knots.  That's bloody quick for a sailboat... :icon_cool:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

I see they(Oracle) took such a kicking in the first race last night pulled the plug on the second   :icon_eek: