News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger vs Street

Started by BRanstead, March 05, 2005, 04:46:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BP_LONDON

Quote from: "bmbskee"I reluctantly gave up my sportbike (ZRX1200) to buy an '05 Tiger since I want to do some longer rides.  My biggest fear was that the Tiger wouldn't be fun in the twisties.  Boy, was I wrong.  This thing is an absolute hoot on a winding road.  Kind of defies logic too, given the weight, high center of gravity, and skinny tires, yet for some reason the sucker flat out rails turns.  Now I'm going to sign up for a track day for two reasons: 1) fun; 2) even funner to embarrass the R6 profilers.

8)  8)

knarf

Quote from: "BP_LONDON"
Quote from: "bmbskee"I reluctantly gave up my sportbike (ZRX1200) to buy an '05 Tiger since I want to do some longer rides.  My biggest fear was that the Tiger wouldn't be fun in the twisties.  Boy, was I wrong.  This thing is an absolute hoot on a winding road.  Kind of defies logic too, given the weight, high center of gravity, and skinny tires, yet for some reason the sucker flat out rails turns.  Now I'm going to sign up for a track day for two reasons: 1) fun; 2) even funner to embarrass the R6 profilers.

8)  8)

Yes indeedie..... Fat tyres don't improve handling, infact they make it worse, only good they do is put more power on the road.
I love the smell of two strokes in the morning

drunkwombat955

Its all down to the monkey on the back. I've taken tigger to the race track and beaten blokes on Kawazukiondas and the like. I've also had little 400cc bikes on slicks go past. But on Australia's lovely pot holed goat tracks we call roads, the softer suspension lets you get away with a lot more. Sure, I get the paint sucked off when a GSXR-1000 goes past me at 2/3 the speed of light. But then that race track suspension and brakes see that loose gravel on the next corner, all of a sudden he's doing 20kph watching me wobble and slide across the mess. Heh, heh heh. Its true, the track day junkies hate big fat touring bikes wobble round the outside of them. Give it a go boys and girls!!!
There\'s a fine line between clever and stupid- SPINAL TAP.