News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

swapping in cartridge forks for Girly?

Started by Meatman, September 13, 2013, 07:26:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meatman

Has anyone attempted to swap in better cartridge forks in the stock clamp setup? I could be wrong but does the new xc (beaker) have cartridge forks, I do know that they are inverted, but I was curious if they might swap right in...  Same rake/trail.  I haven't looked, but the only alternative would be going to racetech to pick up there gold valve setup. 
It looks like the new xc's are using the same calipers (nissin), that's why I figure the forks might work for a Girly setup. 

Chris Canning

Gold valve setup has been the way to go for years as to why I've never done myself I've no idea  :icon_redface:,with springs a change of oil and the quantity change got me somewhere close I guess.