News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Where can I find the reference for the paint code

Started by TigerT, September 16, 2013, 05:45:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TigerT

53 Silver Tiger 955i
Does anyone know where the paint code number may be?

Thanks
2003 Girly
1999 DR350

Marc

Tiger Explorer Graphite 2013
Bonneville SE 2010 (missus)
previous bikes:
   Tiger 955i Orange  2003
   BMW K1  1989
   Ducati 750S '72
   Matchless G80 '57
   Matchless G3L '39

Sin_Tiger

I was digging around on my hard disc looking for other stuff and came accross a screen grab from an old Triumph factory web page and the data it gives matches that shown on the RAT forum Marc pointed at as :-

2003-2005 Tiger 955i
ALUMINIUM SILVER
Maker & code : DUPONT 460790101
Triumph Touch up Part No. : T3120300-MH

I used the info on that list to match the Caspian Blue for my Steamer and it was spot on, so you should be pretty safe with that.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

Increasingly paint shops rely on scanners and computers to match colours.  I had my doubts, but my wife's Micra is black in some light and very dark purple in others.  It works for that so I suppose it should work on anything.  I wonder if it can do candy glory red........
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

metalguru

For the first time ever I found Halfords very useful, they had the paint codes and can mix on site either touch up or aerosol. I must say the mix was spot on.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: metalguru on September 24, 2013, 11:44:58 AM
For the first time ever I found Halfords very useful, they had the paint codes and can mix on site either touch up or aerosol. I must say the mix was spot on.

That's good to know, and most unusual.  I went to Halfords recently for gasket goo and gave up.  I had to pop into  the Saxo farkling emporium to buy some.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

TigerT

Thanks for info, my tank is getting sprayed now and I having a union flag design on it.
Pics to come when done!!

Cheers

Nick
2003 Girly
1999 DR350

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint