News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Mustang or TouraTech?

Started by Alan Spears, August 21, 2013, 03:50:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Spears

I need to buy some pegs (broke both fronts using my passenger pegs). I have looked at the Mustang pegs  but for about 10 bucks more I can get a set from TouraTech. Both look to do about the same, lower and forward. Anyone have a reason to buy one over the other?

Bixxer Bob

Yup, buy Mustang's; keep an old Guy in work.  :hat10

Seriously, why would you support an overpriced multinational over one of our own guys just gettin' by?
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Bigfeesh

Where can you buy the Mustangs in the UK?
Tiptop

T885i_Blk

Mustang!

I ordered the oversize ones for my 885i Girly. They are fantastic quality. Just order direct from mustangs website http://www.knlcycle.com

Shipped in a decent amount of time really easy to fit and a good solid footpeg.

Or if you really want to spend more and buy them from a UK distributor
http://www.squaredeals-ltd.co.uk/tiger-955i-mustang-footpeg-lowering-kit-rider-1-pair-7943-p.asp
Tiger 885i 1999

Bigfeesh

:thumbsup ordered and paid for! The rubber pegs seem to grip when you dont want them and be slippery when you need grip?  :icon_scratch:
Tiptop

Timbox2

I can give you feedback regarding both, Mustangs pegs are better in every way, and cheaper. I bought the Touratech Pegs to start with, and just a few weeks later my Girly decided to lie down, totally knackered the Touratech peg on the side that went down, £90 down the drain.
Contacted the Mustang and a few days later my Pegs turned up here in the UK, brilliant service, I also then discovered the other benefit, more comfort, Mustangs pegs move your feet a bit more forward as well, or was it backwards, Whatever, they were better, and barring taking a grinder to em, doubt you would manage to bust em.
2016 Tiger Sport

Bigfeesh

Pegs arrived but the Customs Man was awake when it passed him on the belt! £21 extra  :bug_eye just what I didnt want! They look good, I'll fit them next week.
Tiptop

Advwannabe

You won't regret it, great product, great value.
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

Bigfeesh

Fitted in 5 minutes, tiptop :thumbsup. I was wandering my local dirtybike shop last week, they had in stock quiet a range of footpegs for motocrossers, mostly around the same price as the "Mustangs", without the plethora of recommendations mind you  :icon_salut: there were plenty of choices, wider, longer and multi coloured, you could have lost yourself in footpeg heaven! :icon_lol:
Tiptop

Bigfeesh

Just done 200 miles with the Mustang pegs fitted, they do grip very well, never lost a foot from the pegs and I was shifting along on quite bumpy roads, very happy with their function. I used to race motorcross so like my feet fixed on the pegs, I'm not sure a road orientated rider would be so happy but they are good.  :XXsunsmile
Tiptop

cdubya

Older thread but I need to give a plug to our brother, Mustang.
I've been running his wide pegs on my Girly all summer and I couldn't be happier.
Top notch parts.
06 Girly