News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Hazard warning lights

Started by fraserdog, October 17, 2013, 10:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fraserdog

I've not had a bike before with hazard warning lights so tried them today and found they would only work with the ignition on,is this correct?,if so it seems a bit daft that you would have to leave the keys in the ignition if you want the hazards on.
1974 Honda CB500/4
1994 Kawasaki Zephyr 1100
2002 "Girly"
1998 Africa Twin RD07a

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

fraserdog

Who thought that idea up,bike breaks down at the side of the road,put the hazards on and walk away leaving the keys in the ignition, :icon_scratch:
1974 Honda CB500/4
2002 "Girly"
1998 Africa Twin RD07a

cdubya

Well, being that it is a bike, if she craps out on you, you will likely be able to push it well clear of the road/shoulder and not need to leave the hazards on. I wouldn't leave them on any how. Last thing I want to return to after walking or hitch hiking to town for fuel, parts, a phone call, etc. is an already busted bike with an additionally dead battery.

My Girly is the only bike I own that has hazards. They have come in handy a couple of times...
*On narrow shoulders stopped for a quick photo.
*Helping out another bike or car on the road shoulder.
*Blasting South on I-15 this spring and running out of fuel at 75mph. Pulled in clutch, found neutral to preserve momentum, hazards on as I coasted to the next off ramp to a side street via the road shoulder. Coasted up to and through the green light and about another 1/8 mile to the gas station. Didn't have to push at all. I laughed on and off for the rest of the day at how lucky that one was. Thought my gas gauge was acting funny....   :icon_redface:
06 Girly

Sin_Tiger

Not sure if this works on Girly's.  Try turning your ignition switch to the park position I.e. One position past steering lock and try it again.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

fraserdog

1974 Honda CB500/4
2002 "Girly"
1998 Africa Twin RD07a

grafty99

if you put the key into the parking lights position, i.e. steering lock on plus one click to the left, the side lights come on and then the hazards will work, you can then remove the keys
2000 885i Girly
2004 KTM SX 125
2002 TD5 Landrover Defender

(trying to keep it as British as possible!)

fraserdog

I thought that must be it but tried it but still no joy,they only seem to work with the keys in the ignition.
1974 Honda CB500/4
2002 "Girly"
1998 Africa Twin RD07a