News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tank Rash

Started by lukeman, November 12, 2013, 02:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lukeman

Hey All,

Low sided from some gravel on the road going like 20 mph at an intersection.  Rash on the tank, broken signals, other wise everything else looks good.  No gas weeping and don't think its that deep.  Whats the standard procedure for repair on a plastic tank?  I've seen Marine-Tex Epoxy Putty mentioned a few times.

Thanks.

Mustang

J B WELD epoxy  :thumbsup sand it down like body filler and paint

Chris Canning

And a pair of Touratech bars for the next time.

lukeman

I'll try some JB weld on it then. Not sure how easy it is to sand down, but I can probably get it smooth with some filler and putty after.

Yes I think that would be a wise decision.  At least save the tank and the stator cover from getting rashed.

Chris Canning

Well I'll hold my hands up and say the only thing I thought when buying mine with half moon design they looked like they would slide down the road Ok not like the scoop that some look like,what I hadn't bargained on someone at TT had done their homework where as they keep the bars off the floor as as well,shame they didn't save my ribs  :icon_rolleyes: