News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tune Ecu,have i done this right?

Started by fraserdog, November 17, 2013, 07:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fraserdog

I have a spare laptop with XP on it so I have downloaded the free Tune Ecu and purchased this cable http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221299128603?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 as recommended on this site,now I have installed the disc/driver that came with the lead.Before I connect to the bike have I done all this right? sorry for asking this basic question but i'm not that good with p.c.'s and don't want to mess the bike up,i don't want to mess with maps (perhaps later when I feel more confident) but just want to be able to look at and check faults if they occour,when I open up Tune Ecu on the laptop and go to the "map" tag the page loads and is clear and says "no maps",is this correct? Any info greatly appreciated.
1974 Honda CB500/4
1994 Kawasaki Zephyr 1100
2002 "Girly"
1998 Africa Twin RD07a

Bixxer Bob

Well, good on you for asking  :thumbsup.  First thing to do is uninstall the drivers that came with the cable and install the ones from the TuneECU site or the cable might not work.

Yup, the no maps message is correct until you liad your chosen map from the map files, or download yours from your ECU.

While playing, make sure your battery is fully charged and turn the headlights off or pull the lights fuse if you don't have a switch. This'll lessen the load.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

fraserdog

Excuse my ignorance but where are the map files? Not that I want to use them but just for future reference.I've just tried the cable with it's own driver and it seemed to connect to the bikes ecu,the only thing I did which I thought couldn't hurt was to try the bikes fan function and that worked so i'll stop there for a while,small thing for you experienced lot but a giant leap for me!i feel dead pleased with myself. :eusa_clap
1974 Honda CB500/4
1994 Kawasaki Zephyr 1100
2002 "Girly"
1998 Africa Twin RD07a

Bixxer Bob

If it's working fair enough, it's just TuneECU don't recommend it.  It'll either connect or it won't, it can't do any harm.  The tune (map) files are on the TunECU website, download the Triumph ones half way down the page:

http://tuneecu.com/TuneECU_En/links.html
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...