News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Datatool Dig gear indicator.

Started by fraserdog, November 19, 2013, 08:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fraserdog

Has anyone fitted a Datatool Digi gear indicator? I found on my first couple of rides on the Tiger I kept going for another gear after 6th which is annoying so I bought a Datatool Digi gear indicator,my mate bought one at the same time for his 04 Sprint 955 but he's having a mare trying to get it to work and has all but given up,before a get mine out of the box and get soldering I wondered if anyone has successfully fitted one to a Tiger 955? I know I should know what revs vs speed is indicated in 6th but as I ride it so infrequently I can never remember and thought a gear indicator would be good add on.
1974 Honda CB500/4
1994 Kawasaki Zephyr 1100
2002 "Girly"
1998 Africa Twin RD07a

Sin_Tiger

I've not had any dealings with the Datatool unit, fitted a couple of Acumen units which work on the same principle, quite straight forward.

You just teach the unit once it's been fitted, I don't think you need to worry about the ratios as it's all done with the engine / ECU rotation signals, unless the Digi is different.

I had a quick look for an instruction manual without success.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

fraserdog

It works on the same principle as the Acumen,my mate with the Sprint has fitted one and programmed it to the instructions and it's all over the place,when he's cruising in 6th the display can't make it's mind up if it's 4th,3rd,5th etc and scrolls between gear positions,he contacted Datatool and they said some Triumphs can be problematical due to a relatively unstable voltage output,i just wondered if anyone had fitted one before I had a go and find I'm in for a hiding for nothing.
1974 Honda CB500/4
1994 Kawasaki Zephyr 1100
2002 "Girly"
1998 Africa Twin RD07a

Chris Canning

With a 19t sprocket it wouldn't be the first time I've been 50 miles down the road and looked at the rev counter and thought oh shit  :icon_redface: and clicked it up another gear.

Bixxer Bob

:icon_redface: Me too, but only since the 19T, before I was hooking seventh just like everyone else.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

Unstable voltage is a new one on me and I can't really see that if it's looking for a pulse count, maybe something with the Sagem ECU. The Acumen on my Roadie works a treat and didn't give me any problems during setting. Backup from Acumen is first class also. You pays your money  :icon_rolleyes:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint