News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

NEC Bike Show

Started by Chris Canning, November 24, 2013, 07:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Went to day as I only live round the corner difficult to be objective if your looking to buy gear or look at new bikes than great but if not I would imagine easy to say that it wasn't great,but what an irony I've got a pair of legs on par with a canary!! leathers trousers are a nightmare to the point even a custom made to measure set have been a pain trying to get right I try a pair of Dainese's on and they are perfect!!! only the second off the peg pair in 40 years that have fitted  :icon_rolleyes:

Sin_Tiger

More  :new_all_coholic needed fill out your legs, last time I saw legs like that Rod Hull was playing  proctologist with them   :icon_mrgreen:

I'm going in tomorrow, might finally get that test ride on the CCM GP450, third time lucky  :icon_rolleyes:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Chris Canning

I was a little taken aback to see Suzuki's GP bike  :icon_eek:

Bixxer Bob

Going on Thursday. looking for ward to it with an open mind. not looking for anything in particular, although my Kato rep Shoei is getting a bit long in the tooth...... :icon_wink:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

daveb

I went on Saturday, £8 for parking £20 entry, and the biggest shock £4 for a coffee.

I did post a link on Events of some photos.

when you go have a look at the Gladstone bike on the Carole Nash stand, I had a hand with the design and built of the speedometer.

Sin_Tiger

I hear you  :icon_evil: it's only one in a blue moon and I don't really do Christmas so what the  :bad

I'll have a close look at the speedo, any airbrushing involved  :augie

I might have a wee project for you If you're interested in some airbrush work.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

daveb

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on November 25, 2013, 01:23:21 PM
I hear you  :icon_evil: it's only one in a blue moon and I don't really do Christmas so what the  :bad

I'll have a close look at the speedo, any airbrushing involved  :augie

I might have a wee project for you If you're interested in some airbrush work.

no airbrushing on the speedometer, how ever I used my skills with a digital printer for the graphics, plus also look carefully at the triangles for main chaplets also the griffin, they are slightly raised.  you might be lucky Henry Cole who owns the Gladstone motorcycle name might be there too on the Gladstone stand near the bike stunt show. if you see him tell him Dave says hi

Airbrushing - no problem, i got nothing on at the moment.  in  a few weeks or after christmas I got to spray up a ZZR1100 fuel tank for a mate. I got a few subtle ideas for his tank.

I will send you a PM with my email address you can also get hold of me via Facebook http://www.facebook.com/dave.belton.12

Dave Belton

metalguru

Going on Wednesday if anyone else is about.

:wheel
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Sin_Tiger

Cheers Dave, I missed the other message so didn't get to see the young lady. I'll drop you a line later.

As for the coffee, one word Flask. Not just the price if you know what I mean  :icon_rolleyes:

I was hoping to get a look at this geeky headsup display thingy but didn't spot it.

Just cleared 1/4" of frost of my saddle, Thought it wasn't supposed to be cold in England :icon_scratch: getting the salt off is going to be a bit harder.

Sin_Tiger

Was the least of my worries, battery chose now to give up the fight   :icon_sad:

Bixxer Bob

Ask Chris to pop round witg a spare! :icon_lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

John Stenhouse

Quote from: daveb on November 25, 2013, 01:07:37 PM
I went on Saturday, £8 for parking £20 entry, and the biggest shock £4 for a coffee.

It's why I dont go to the NEC despite the fact I'm only an hour away. Rip off isn't the word.

Did go to the classic show as a friend had a stand and this year he put a coffee van on it, I did wonder how he managed to sell 1800 cups of coffee in three days! The NEC charged him £500 for the priviledge.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Chris Canning

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on November 26, 2013, 11:23:32 AM
Ask Chris to pop round witg a spare! :icon_lol:

He knows where I am and even if I haven't got one I can in minutes!! and at the right money.

Chris Canning

Quote from: John Stenhouse on November 26, 2013, 11:56:41 AM
Quote from: daveb on November 25, 2013, 01:07:37 PM

It's why I dont go to the NEC despite the fact I'm only an hour away. Rip off isn't the word.

Did go to the classic show as a friend had a stand and this year he put a coffee van on it, I did wonder how he managed to sell 1800 cups of coffee in three days! The NEC charged him £500 for the priviledge.

It's why I don't get into the pros and cons too much because you ask 10 people you'll get 10 different answers priority wise it's a social day for me and my other half,I guess we spent 5/6 hours there and never went on the Honda/Kawasaki/Suzuki stands,but just to show the variation Dave put his photos up and yet he either missed or wasn't interested in Suzuki's Moto GP bike I was astonished that it was there,they must be nuts showing that in public.

For anyone going have a look on the Racefit stand and see a real work of art oh and pick it up they like you to do that  :icon_eek:

Sin_Tiger

I was tempted Chris, does a mean brew does Chicken legs  :icon_biggrin: I was very nearly calling you this morning, finally fired up after the battery had taken a breather (genuine Honda part  :icon_rolleyes:) by then I was way behind schedule.

Finally got a test ride on the CCM GP450, very impressed, lovely attention to practical details, very tempted.