News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Almost bought a 2005 Sprint ST

Started by MikeB, March 14, 2005, 06:05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeB

Tried it out a couple of days ago and liked it a lot - then the sun came out, rode my Tiger all day and changed my mind :)

PS. also had  go on the new Speed Triple, what a bike! Not so good for luggage though ...
------------------------------------------------

2005 Tiger - silver

1997 T\'Bird- black

ArizonaKid

The new 05 models haven't appeared in the US (at least widely), but the Sprints ST and the Speed Triple look very interesting; styling and the bump in displacement make them very attractive.  It would be good to know where Triumph has planned for the Tiger.
Arizona Kid

Riding hard and fast down Arizona way

2007 Triumph Tiger

MikeB

yes, a 1050 Tiger with 120 HP would be mighty fine :)

2005 Tiger - silver

1997 T\'Bird- black

ChrisN

I've got to be honest - the new Sprint ST is the only bike that could tempt me away from the Tiger.

Who knows ? Maybe next year..... but I hope befor then a new 06 Tiger is launched soon!!
Chris

robbo

Quote from: "ChrisN"I've got to be honest - the new Sprint ST is the only bike that could tempt me away from the Tiger.

agreed, it look like a vary nice bike. I just wonder if they will throw the luguage in as standard or will you have to pay extra.?
best Regards

Robbo

BP_LONDON

Well, ya'll just wait for Triumph to launch that 1050, Shaft driven, tubeless spoke wheeled next generation model Tiger and then we'll see...  :mrgreen:

Robbie

Quote from: "BP_LONDON"Well, ya'll just wait for Triumph to launch that 1050, Shaft driven, tubeless spoke wheeled next generation model Tiger and then we'll see...  :mrgreen:

Shaft driven!!!!   No NO NO

Power sapping, expensive and tooo heavy thanks
Robbie and Mohan the original silver Tiger

Brock

I'm with you on that one Robs.
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

MikeB

Luggage is extra and, in keeping with policy, not cheap.

2005 Tiger - silver

1997 T\'Bird- black

knarf

I've always have a fancy for the old type RS and I still like the TT600 which got an unfair press.
I love the smell of two strokes in the morning

pauljones1227

Spokes and shaft drive!!!! no thanks

A little less weight, yes please

SIBBO

Yeah that sure is a nice bike,i climbed on one at the MCN show at ally pally,and thought it was probably the only bike there that i might consider over the tiger,but preferably as well as :) ......the ride position kind of throws your belly on to the tank.

MikeB

I felt the same, very comfortable to ride but you don•t get that all round view you get with the Tiger - looking over the traffic instead of just seeing the road. Got my 2 relays fitted so I have both lights on, very happy with my Tiger. I will wait for the new mega tiger next year :)

2005 Tiger - silver

1997 T\'Bird- black

knarf

I was in the Triumph dealers today getting my tank connectors done on recall and he said that everyone who's tested the new sprint has bought one on the spot.

I declined a test drive :(
I love the smell of two strokes in the morning