News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2005-06 Girly owners

Started by DavidR8, December 08, 2013, 06:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidR8

I'm looking for any 2005-06 owner who has installed either Racetech emulators or Ricor Intiminators. I'm looking to see the change made any difference to the fork noise issue.

Many thanks!
2006 Girly, stone stock!

bjago

Quote from: DavidR8 on December 08, 2013, 06:52:25 PM
I'm looking for any 2005-06 owner who has installed either Racetech emulators or Ricor Intiminators. I'm looking to see the change made any difference to the fork noise issue.

Many thanks!

I have about 7K miles on my Racetech emulators and haven't noticed the fork noise since they have been done. Honestly the noise wasn't ever an actual concern for me. 

The best thing I did was to have the forks rebuilt and add the Racetech cartridge emulators and the stiffer springs.  I also replaced the stock shock with a Hyperpro unit.  The review for it were favorable and the cost wasn't too bad either.    The stock suspension had nearly 60k miles and besides as Hyperpro spring thrown onto the stock shock it really wasn't that bad.....until I replaced all the worn bits and set it to my weight.   Wow!  What a difference.  Do both front and rear and don't look back.

These bikes are great to begone with and MUCH better with stuff fit to you
05 Triumph Tiger 45K miles (lucifer orange)
98 Triumph Tiger 80K miles (sold)
98 Triumph T595 33K miles (sold :-(
04 MV Agusta Brutale 2500 miles (wifes)
93 GSXR 1100 85K miles (totalled)
91 GSXR 750 75K miles (sold)
86 Ninja 600 (sold)

cjmadura

I'm considering having the forks converted to Cartridge units by Traxxion Dymanics, 1 inch lower, along with a 1 inch lower Hyperpro shock. While the Corbin seat allows for greater legroom, it makes the bike a handful when it's time to set the feet. Since the Big Blue Cat is road only, I think I can afford 1 inch less suspension travel.
2006 Tiger 955 ("The Caspian")
2008 KLR650 Blue 21
2002 Tiger 955 Roulette Green (sold)
1991 Honda CBR1000F Red/Black "The Rocket"(sold)
1988 Honda CBR Hurricane 1000 Silver (sold)
1985 Yamaha FZ750 Yellow/Black/White (sold)

BCtiger

I was also concerned about the clunking on my 06 blue tiger that I purchased a couple of years ago. At the time the mileage was about 24k km on the clock & time to have the fork oil changed according to the maintenance schedule. Savage, our local Triumph dealer as you know fortunately had the maintenance history for my bike & indicated it had never been done to their knowledge. So in to the shop it went & came out a new bike, handled way better. They told me that the fork oil was low. As a bonus the clunking has been greatly reduced, just an occasional light sounding rattle. Now 44k km on the clock & unchanged.
I have spent the last few months thinking about emulators up front & a new rear shock, leaning toward a hyperpro. Can't decide if I need a remote preload adjuster or whether I can fit a spanner or screwdriver up inside to adjust. Trying to save a bit of coin.

Randy
Victoria, BC

DavidR8

Hey Randy, thanks for your reply. I'm happy to hear that the fork maintenance was a help.

I have 20K miles (US bike) on my 06. I have all the records as well and I'm confident the fork oil has never been changed. The noise is noticeable even when I drive off a 2" curb. I think I have a combo of loose head bearings and likely low fork oil.

I pulled the front off my Bonneville to install Ricor Intiminators and it was very straight forward. I might pull the forks to drain and refill with oil and see how that goes. Like you I'm always looking to watch my pennies.

I was very happy with the Intiminators and they don't require drilling of the damper rods to work correctly.
2006 Girly, stone stock!

Sin_Tiger

I was sceptical about the Intiminators but decided to give them a try on the Thruxton and  :icon_eek: they actually do what it says on the tin. Pity they are not available for the Steamer forks.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

DavidR8

It's too bad that manufacturers stopped putting drain holes in the bottom of fork legs. Makes experimenting with different oil viscositys a rain pain in the butt.
2006 Girly, stone stock!