News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Rims suitable for going tubeless...

Started by nickjtc, December 12, 2013, 01:02:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickjtc

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on March 09, 2015, 10:26:23 PM
Pang will do the job
We had to remove it, clean it all up again and blow it on with a 100 litre booster reservoir at 10bar  :icon_eek:

Pang; ok, good to know. 140psi seems a trifle excessive!!!  :bug_eye
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Sin_Tiger

That might have been a little misleading. We used a large volume reservoir to ensure a sudden increase in casing pressure but at no time was pressure in the tyre in excess of 3 bar (45 psi). It's quite common practice, especially with truck tyres. Hope that clarifies.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

nickjtc

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on March 10, 2015, 06:37:27 AM
We used a large volume reservoir to ensure a sudden increase in casing pressure but at no time was pressure in the tyre in excess of 3 bar (45 psi).

Ah. You could always do it this way, of course.....
:icon_wink:

Sin_Tiger

Me and  :kboom mixtures have a chequered history, so I'll skip the redneck method thanks.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

nickjtc

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on March 11, 2015, 05:00:33 PM
Me and  :kboom mixtures have a chequered history, so I'll skip the redneck method thanks.

Agreed. I wonder who would have thought up that way of doing it in the first place???

John Stenhouse

First place i saw that done was on Icelandic trucks they use on the glaciers, 24inch diameter, running a few psi of air to get traction on the ice, when they come off the rim that's the technique they use to get going again quickly.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

motoOzarks

Quote from: nickjtc on March 11, 2015, 05:54:46 PM
Agreed. I wonder who would have thought up that way of doing it in the first place???

Tubeless ag and construction equipment.  Literally can't do it any other way.

I've learned what brands of either to buy to get the "pop" needed versus some just go "whoof" and catch the tire on fire.

Have had:  Girelli Bronco 50, Honda xr70, Yamaha YZ80, Yamaha MX175, Suzuki TS250, Honda XR350, Honda XR500, Honda XL600r, Suzuki DR200, Suzuki GS1100e, Honda Ruckas 49, BMW F650GS
Have:  Yamaha TW200, Suzuki DRZ400s, Triumph Tiger 955i

TomSpendo

I put a rim from a 96 Trophy on my 96 Tiger, works pretty good, i also kept the original so i have 2 tires and rims for the rear.
the Trophy rim is a mag, so its not so good for rough off road stuff, but fine for gravel roads, even with a street tire.