News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

engine weight

Started by rybes, November 29, 2013, 06:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

evenin  :wave does anyone know the dry weight of a tiger engine ? i need to know so i can get the one ive bought picked up. cheers  :notworthy
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

ram33

someone asked this on another forum and was told about 175lb - 185lb
if you say 100kg you should be safe
tiger 885 / fzs1000
bmw 335d / rr evoque

rybes

rf9rider

Thought you`d have had that engine in and running by now........................ :icon_lol:

Bixxer Bob

I haven't been over yet to wind him up...... :blah
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on December 01, 2013, 10:11:59 AM
I haven't been over yet to wind him up...... :blah

OK we'll a remote wind up then  :XXcomputer c'mon Rybes  :new_popcornsmiley :new_all_coholic :mut
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rybes

no its not in yet  :pottytrain2 and theres avery good reason for it too. i got to denmark before the engine got to me  :icon_salut: as soon as im back tho its the first thing i shall be doin, along with seein if that 1050 swingarm will fit  :wave

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rybes

does that mean i can expect a visit from bob  :qgaraduate

rf9rider

Quote from: rybes on December 18, 2013, 09:58:22 AM
does that mean i can expect a visit from bob  :qgaraduate

If i can, i`ll come over with him, i`d be interested to have a look at the swing arm conversion

rybes

do it mate ya more than welcome. ill warn ya now tho im not to used to havin guests so if ya need a cuppa or bacon sandwich dont be scared to say  :icon_lol:

Bixxer Bob

Sounds like we have a plan.  Once Rybes is back in the UK we can wait for a gap in the weather. I'm pretty much on your route to his place; A47 to Swaffham, drop into Ashill then I'll take you the scenic route over to his place.

rybes

yeah that sounds good. in that case ill wait till ya can get over before i fit the engine cos i dont think this arms gunna go in with the engine in place. just have to make sure its before march as ive promised Camilla ill come over to denmark permanant round that time

Bixxer Bob

Gie 'us a shout as soon as you're ready. If weather's crap I'll drive over.